• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
they are busy looking for more expensive artisinal brands for fok to buy bults from
There aren't any left.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I dunno. I think that it is possible to buy "ninja" brands and not go head to toe. (Am wearing MA+ with American Apparel today). But yeah, Brett looks like he is going down that road.
I'm looking for happiness in the middle ...and at extreme discounts! The Julius l/s with some Nudie TFDBC, The SB l/s+ hoodie with a pair of 19cm or Acne Max, or even just the RO l/s with a pair of $25 H&M cotton/linen pants. Jet, no new kicks for me, I'm way to hard on my shoes to be trusted with anything expensive right now
rolleyes.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
Goth ninja shoes are also pretty damn ugly imo.
That's what photoshop and darkly lit pictures are for.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
last few weeks

- 3 pairs Aldens
- J crew suit (final sale + 20%)
- Geller Coat from blackbird
- various pants/acc. from Uniqlo for new job

I need sale season to be over!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You guys are so bitter what did zeitgeist ever do to you? Not like you got banned two times in row.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Pictures too I assume? Don't let those crappy Titel or Media Lab blogs take the scoops from you.
Yeah, pictures too. Our own. And these are not PR pieces. We try to get something out of designers and retailers that are not press release material.
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I dunno. I think that it is possible to buy "ninja" brands and not go head to toe. (Am wearing MA+ with American Apparel today). But yeah, Brett looks like he is going down that road.
Originally Posted by keykoo
You're wearing a MA+ belt (as far as I know). That hardly counts
biggrin.gif

An MA+ belt today, yes. But... I wear a Drkshdw sweat as a cover up going to the gym sometimes, or a Robert Geller (not really ninja, but his Cloak associations give him that.) I wear a Julius belt (really distinctive) with at RRL top occasionally (the top is a dark, black tinted olive, short of short, and looks pretty interesting layered over a longer tee). I wear a Number (N)ine thermal with whatever, and my drapey Cloak hooded cardigan (with some holes in in now (hey, it's from 2003), very goth ninja) under a WWM jacket. Edit: Forgot to mention - wears a MA+ hooded aviator (not really akin to any real aviator jacket I've ever seen) with anti-fit jeans and a pair of chucks or chuckalikes. Spills coffee on it (several times). cleans by dumping a bunch of water on it and letting it dry while wearing. this is the goth ninja lifestyle.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Isn't blackbird going carry MA+ soon?

No, they are going to carry MA, which is a more tailored line from Julius. Lots of architectural details, from what I've seen (SS09) plenty of structured jackets and blazers. Very different from MA+

ProLogic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beowolf
P1000137.jpg
I grabbed these beauties over the weekend at off 5th for 80 bucks. I have been looking for the OP Victory for a long time.

Holy ****. I've been looking for some shades that look similar to these for over 9000 years. THANKS! Time to save up again..
biggrin.gif
But seriously, 80? I just looked on google and some retail for $300. There's not Off 5th here in the Bay Area dammit..

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Copped a fall margiela and dries.

Almost done.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ProLogic
Holy ****. I've been looking for some shades that look similar to these for over 9000 years. THANKS! Time to save up again..
biggrin.gif
But seriously, 80? I just looked on google and some retail for $300. There's not Off 5th here in the Bay Area dammit..

Aren't those what Michael Weston wears on Burn Notice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads