• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best toothpaste...

JurassicJon

Reaction score
What toothpaste do you use, whitening or not? I use Arm & Hammer Advance Whitening and it's great...

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
Just recently began using Crest dual-action whitening. The paste comes out of a square which is subdivided into four smaller sections that dispense alternating green and white. It also has a cool flip top instead of a screw on. Also, best toothpaste I've ever tasted in my life. Kind of like white tic-tacs.
I guess thats about the extent to which I care for my teeth... just make sure the toothpaste looks cool and tastes good.

GQ Docter

Reaction score
According to the toothpaste reviews by Consumer Reports, Dental Resource, British Dental Association, the general consensus is that Colgate Total is the best toothpaste. It was the first toothpaste on the market to include the antibacterial ingredient triclosan, which has been proven effective for fighting gum disease (gingivitis). Total contains another ingredient - gantrez - that allows triclosan to remain active between brushings, even after you eat or drink.

Other good toothpaste's are Colgate Baking Soda and Peroxide Whitening with Tartar Control (which I use) and, Crest Extra Whitening with Tartar Protection.

It's important to brush for the recommended two minutes because if you brush for any less time, the fluoride will not take effect.

Keep brushin',

Ari

forsbergacct2000

Reaction score
I like Colgate, but I will use almost any brand in a pinch.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I use Marvis or nothing at all!!!

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JurassicJon
What toothpaste do you use, whitening or not? I use Arm & Hammer Advance Whitening and it's great...

I had been using just that for some time but switched to Crest Pro-Health a while back. EVen my dentist marvelled at how good my teeth looked.

Shakko

Reaction score
I love Arm & Hammer Advance Whitening.. but I like anything with peroxide. The regular colgate/crest stuff are okay, but I feel like they are too flavorful and don't really "clean" the teeth as much as the arm and hammer stuff.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to use sensitive toothpaste. And, Colgate is the only one which hasn't pulled that sly trick of reducing the amount in the package yet increasing the price. So, I use Colgate sensitive plus whitening.

snailone

Reaction score
therabreath... seriously the best stuff out there. I use their toothpaste, mouthwash and zox breathmints and my breath has never been fresher. no cavities as of late either

i started out with the trial kit for like 10 bucks... comes with everything. try walgreens or walmart or whatever they have in your neck of the woods. tried it for a week and never went back to "regular toothpaste" ie colgate, crest etc etc.

Also, if any of you guys get tonsil stones.. those little white balls that you cough up every once in a while that stink like the plague... therabreath has absolutely gotten rid of them for me. I haven't had one since i started using it.

Berticus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snailone
therabreath... seriously the best stuff out there. I use their toothpaste, mouthwash and zox breathmints and my breath has never been fresher. no cavities as of late either

i started out with the trial kit for like 10 bucks... comes with everything. try walgreens or walmart or whatever they have in your neck of the woods. tried it for a week and never went back to "regular toothpaste" ie colgate, crest etc etc.

Also, if any of you guys get tonsil stones.. those little white balls that you cough up every once in a while that stink like the plague... therabreath has absolutely gotten rid of them for me. I haven't had one since i started using it.

Therabreath was something I was considering. Went with CloSys instead, both toothpaste and mouthwash. I've completely forgetting about Therabreath. Next time I'm in CVS or Walgreens, even better, I'll have to pick up some Therabreath mouthwash and toothpaste. Or I might order it online seeing as how I may be due in for a new Tung brush and gel...

Instead of using whitening toothpaste, why not just get some trays and carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide? Those are actually for long term whitening solutions, as opposed to whitening toothpastes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads