• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where are the deals this summer

waljo88

Reaction score
i keep seeing posts about deals, can you help me

Here are some of the things I have purchased not too long ago in the pictures at Nordstroms, Saks, Nieman Marcus to give you an idea on my tastes.

Most of the dress shirts are Hugo Boss shirts for around $60. I have some E. Zegna shirts. My favourite is an Armani shirt I ended up paying about $180 at Nieman Marcus.

I bought the Hugo Boss shoes for about $120, and I recently bought the Armani dress shoes for $250 tax incl.

Most of the causal tops are Lacoste, Burberry for about $40 to $60. I recently bought the zegna sweater for about $120.

I have bought jeans for 7's ( I have 2), Rock & Republic. My favourites are the William Rast Jeans I got at the Long Beach, CA Nordstroms Rack for just $40.

I own just one good suit. Its a Hugo Boss Black suit I bought for $450 almost 2 years ago.

Most of my shopping is online, with limited shopping at the actual stores.

I am from Toronto, Canada. I have seen the Outlets Saks off fifth near Buffalo, NY, Which sucks IMO.

I have been to a couple Nordstrom rack in LA arear, which weren't the best. the one in Detroit sucks.

I went to Loehamnns in Beverly Hills which I must admit has some decent brands, but I couldn't find anything worth buying.

I went to the Macys in Beverly Hills which wasnt too bad, but i didnt buy anything.

I went to Detroit, the Nieman Marcus, Macy's, Nordstroms, and Saks. But when I went there weren't any sales going on.

In Cleveland I ended up buying my Hugo Boss suit and have bought some shirts its not too bad.

I need your advice. I keep hearing about the $15 ties (Canali, zegna, etc). dress shirts for under $100 (brioni, canali, zegna etc). Where are these deals. Can you be specific in your advice.

I most particularly need a suit. I was thinking Canali, but am open to your suggestions for designer. Where can I get these famous deals.

I would appreciate your help. I am open to suggestions in LA, NY, Chi, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo

waljo88

Reaction score
At this point I prefer to shop at a reputable store or online.

I have never bought anything through ebay, craiglist, forums.

I get the return option more easily this way.

I usually buy the items online and ship them to buffalo. And then pick them up when Im visiting the USA. Its not that you cant get great shopping in canada its just the prices are much better down there.

I see you guys want more specific questions. And I see it varies from time of year and from which store.

1) Let say I want to buy a Canali, zegna, armani dress shirt where would you go, if you wanted to pay less than $100. More specifically, have you seen these deals recently.

2) lets say I want a Canali suit for $600 or less, which i have heard about on this forum many times. Where would you go. More specifically, have you seen these deals recently.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you're next in LA check out :

http://www.shopthefinest.com/

Ian, the owner is a real gentleman and will guide you through
his high end (mostly) Italian bargains. You'll have to make an
appointment.

waljo88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
When you're next in LA check out : http://www.shopthefinest.com/ Ian, the owner is a real gentleman and will guide you through his high end (mostly) Italian bargains. You'll have to make an appointment.
Very impressive stuff, will have to check out soon in person. Thanks

Neo1824

Reaction score
most of the affiliates run occasional sales....shopthefinest (as mentioned already), ehaberdasher, virtualclotheshorse, etc....all have great products and are fantastic to deal with.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out the affliates. The buying and selling forum is a real asset for competitive deals if you live outside a major shopping city (e.g. New York, LA, Chicago, etc.). Once you properly size your clothing, buying online becomes less risky and more attractive, value-wise.

P.S. No black dress shirts

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you want to shop b&m and can get to LA or NYC just get yourself to any outlet mall or last call nm r off fifth. I have seen enough sub $100 Armani, zegna and canali shirts over the last 3 months to make sails for all the boats in the america's cup

waljo88

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
if you want to shop b&m and can get to LA or NYC just get yourself to any outlet mall or last call nm r off fifth. I have seen enough sub $100 Armani, zegna and canali shirts over the last 3 months to make sails for all the boats in the america's cup

THanks to call you guys for your help.

Looks like NM last call and off fifth is where I need to be heading. But I must admit I have been to off fifth and its not very impressive.

waljo88

Reaction score
I just bought these Armani dress shirts at Neiman marcus online. Did I get a good deal?

I paid $111 for this blue one.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0%2526st%253Ds

I paid $152 for this one with purple stripes

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0%2526st%253Ds

If I didnt get a good deal then where did I go wrong and where have you seen the better deals

Also I bought these Todd Shoes for around $155, but Saks cancelled my order when the ran out of stock, how were those shoes. It was these in Black. I was really angry as I bought them at right before 5AM, and they told me 12 hours later that the were out of stock. Where can I get these shoes for similar prices.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...=1248111702911

Also I havent got that Canali suit yet either, I am still looking. Also, do any of guys just call the stores and over the phone have them check if they have the item available. Is there certain etiquitte I must follow. I called some for Saks and they didnt seem to interested in helping when I called.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Assuming you are serious about all this junk...

Armani shirts are servicable but if you are going to run around waiting for sales to pay $150 for an Armani shirt, get yourself to a shirtmaker, like Cego in NY, where you will have a multitude of choices for $150-200. In RTW, you can regularly get Borrelli, Finamore, Barba etc in that price range online.

The shoes are not to my taste and unless I was looking for drivers, there is no reason to look at Tods.

In terms of the Canali suit, it is a good mid tier brand but for what you are going to pay for it, there are better options. Basically, given your previous posts, my suggestion is to stay away from brands that you know and spend some time lurking here and learn about a whole other world of tailored clothing that you have not heard of.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads