• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Styleforum Centralia Knitting Mills Varsity Jackets--order closed

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
what's the date for orders to be in by

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And here I thought dopey wanted to be on my team.

Tiegs, I'll set an arbitrary deadline of Friday August 7.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
And here I thought dopey wanted to be on my team.

Tiegs, I'll set an arbitrary deadline of Friday August 7.

I am trying hard to convince myself to get one. It is a great price and a cool jacket. But apart from figuring out the right color scheme, I would have to figure out where to put it.

nonissue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I honestly wouldn't mind doing the color scheme of the W+H varsity. Light or Dark oxford body and black leather sleeves.

yah, I love that look. Goddamn I want one of these.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Good choice on going with the raglans, it will exploit the better qualities of the Skookum. Should be a solid piece of clothing.

Tim_Whatley

Reaction score
STRIPE STYLE (Single, Double, Triple; feathered or not)

what does feathered mean?

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah im in ... i am deciding between sizes. i think i can fit the small as opposed to XS (or kids) in this case.

i will probably go with the SF color scheme proposed already. just a question as i came to this thread late, but wasnt the point to all get the same color scheme in order to recognize each other as SF members ... since this is supposed to be an SF jacket?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I am trying hard to convince myself to get one. It is a great price and a cool jacket. But apart from figuring out the right color scheme, I would have to figure out where to put it.

Keep it in your locker?

Originally Posted by JO3B
thank.

you.

Thanks for all the support, folks--I'm excited but I'm going to hold my own applause until we're all snug in our jackets come this fall.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Tim_Whatley
STRIPE STYLE (Single, Double, Triple; feathered or not)

what does feathered mean?

If I can get scans I can show you, which is easier than explaining, but it's essentially a border on the stripe, so e.g. a single white stripe on a gray, but with thin black lines where the white meets gray.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
i will probably go with the SF color scheme proposed already. just a question as i came to this thread late, but wasnt the point to all get the same color scheme in order to recognize each other as SF members ... since this is supposed to be an SF jacket?

Not my intention, anyway--the original point was to settle on colors that pleased the most people since we (at the time) had to order all in the same colorway. I liked a jacket in the original thread (from the CKM site) that happened to have those colors, and liked the zip jacket in the dark red color with red sleeves that was so popular (sorry we can't do all those details this time around).

Plus, once we talked to Centralia and were able to take orders for multiple colors, I figured it was worth it to open the buy up to people who might be on the fence about a jacket but want a different colorway.

Oh, and I don't know for sure where Fuuma's from (I assume an arty, designer country I haven't even heard of) but IMMSMC he lives in Toronto.

dave

Reaction score
well, I was kinda set on getting a TOJ but I do prefer the raglan sleeves on the CKM one. thanks a TON for setting this up guys. I'm on board. just gotta determine colors and sizing.

I would've pegged myself as an XL but the measurements seem really big. Looks like I'm a large, and I'm a 44R normally. does everyone else seem to agree on sizing down 1 or so?

Eccles

Reaction score
subscribed glad to see this is happening still feelin something like this
skkm002.jpg
any of those melton colors come close ? can't really see

sploosh

Reaction score
If anyone is good with photoshop could they do a light oxford body w/ navy sleeves. I love that light oxford wool color, if the navy doesn't work I might think about light oxford body and white sleeves. Would it be possible for a leather body and wool sleeves?

I am also thinking that some ivy league color schemes could work really well here.
Ex: Dartmouth- Kelly green with white or grey sleeves

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads