• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom by Sugar Cane (TOYO)

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them. The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.
Originally Posted by kiya
We are the only external retailer that carries the entire line, so yes, we'll have every single piece of the collection.
There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I think I'm more interested in the rider's dungarees the more I look at them.

The mulholland looks great, but I'd be just as happy with a barbour international jacket or something similar instead.

There's a lot more to the collection than what was shown on that blog right?

Off the top of my head i'd say that was about 65% of the collection.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really want that Mechanic Sweatshirt and the Mulholland Master. Need to start saving...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

Will they be for sale on the website or only in-store?

PETEROCK1

Reaction score
When we open in NYC on July 24th we'll even have some special MFxSE bandanas hand screened by Mr. Freedom himself.

kiya, can you please save me one!

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt
frown.gif

I wanted to buy a screened tshirt but tbh they're kind of ugly.

Django

Reaction score
Great, I go shopping for a Bonneville now Mr Freedom is going to take the rest of my money. Definetly on for the jeans.

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Got a chance to check out Mister Freedom's store this week. I tried to be all cool and like "pfft. that's waaay too much bank for this thrift store sweater, and the naval tailor line? pshaw."

But then I got sucked in and spent an hour there generally marveling and bought a shirt
frown.gif

Ain't that the truth. If I had the dough, I'd do like Kiya and buy one of everything every season. Well, maybe not every single thing, that denim vest thing is pretty funky in a bad way.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Excellent. Any idea on the price yet? Is it the one with the red MF script on one side and the blue pea coat on the other, or is it from the speed-safe line?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some more pictures from off MF's site.
mulholland-master-front.jpg
mulholland-master-side.jpg
bronco-champ-star-front.jpg
bronco-champ-star-front.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just received the Mister Freedom mariners tote for J.Crew.

It stinks, not kidding here - it reeks of an industrial strength washing detergent that I can even smell from 20 meters away. The quality of the bag itself kind of sucks too, and it seems like one of J.Crew's regular totes that you can buy for $60 at their stores.

It's too bad that the paint job is so cool, because it's gone to waste on this.

mister_freedom_tote_1.jpg

mister_freedom_tote_2.jpg

mister_freedom_tote_3.jpg

mister_freedom_tote_4.jpg

mister_freedom_tote_5.jpg

mister_freedom_tote_6.jpg

mister_freedom_tote_7.jpg

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it must be something you have to handle and smell in person cause in pictures, that bag is beautiful.

Also, noticed the tag...is the only part that MF had in the process the screening and painting? Everything else provided by J.Crew?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
Also, noticed the tag...is the only part that MF had in the process the screening and painting? Everything else provided by J.Crew?
I don't know for certain, but that would be my guess. The bag itself is supposedly made here in the U.S. according to someone I talked to about it at jcrew, but the tag that would have been written on was cut out.

From looking at how it was sewn together, I could tell that the canvas was painted first, then put together, and then washed. If there's something special about the canvas, it's not really apparent from holding it. The rusted rivet thing is also something jcrew does with the rest of their totes.

The bag does look great, but it's going to get returned tomorrow. I had to package it back up in an air tight bag because it was stinking up my entire place here. For $200, it's not really worth keeping.

happy hooligan

Reaction score
what do you use that bag for? Groceries? going to the beach?

I guess I'm missing the boat, but I haven't really seen anything by MF that makes me want to go out and spend six times what it's worth for yet.... Maybe I just haven't seen the whole collection?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads