• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't like either, B. did you look at mykita or ic berlin?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
The ones I saw didn't have the perforations in the front and was smooth shiny black all over instead:

Also saw these paraboots (made in spain):

I think the paraboots are ok. I'm not 100% sold on them though.

What are ya'lls thoughts on these two shoes? I have never heard of b Store, but they look okay I thought. What say you?
1. b Store Bert 5 Chukka Boot - The only thing I'm not sold on is the hook laces. I've ran out out of options searching for size 8 Rachel Comey's and am really looking for a similar substitute.

2. b Store Barry 2 Brogue - I'm digging the colorway

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'm trying to decide between two glasses. I've tried them both on and they both fit my face and look good.

yhst-50888373590496_2059_63738305.jpg

http://www.contactsandspecs.com/blinde000110000246.html

or

yhst-50888373590496_2059_68447552.jpg

http://www.contactsandspecs.com/salt000110000223.html

Click the links for more images.

Those also both look REALLy feminine.

jessetk313

Reaction score
I'm thinkin of buying a pair of apc derbies are they worth 300 dollars, talk sense into me styleforum!

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that henley and it's great. I like the contrast buttons. For $50 you should get it. It fits pretty short though so I had to size up to a large.

Mossy

Reaction score
I'm 23 years old and have no dress shoes. I'm looking at these Calvin Kleins. They cost $225 Canadian.

9299_0_2_700.jpg

any other suggestions for a nice pair of dress shoes for someone my age? don't want to spend more than $400-500 at most!

inq89

Reaction score
^Absolutely not. Spend some more time here and do a search in the "Mens Clothing" forum, and you'll find out that Calvin Klein shoes are to be avoided. There are so many better shoes to be had for any amount of money. For your first pair of dress shoes, I'd suggest cap toe oxfords from Allen Edmonds (a SF approved brand for modestly-priced shoes). Slip Ons are not proper dress shoes.

nohomo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mossy
I'm 23 years old and have no dress shoes. I'm looking at these Calvin Kleins. They cost $225 Canadian.

9299_0_2_700.jpg

any other suggestions for a nice pair of dress shoes for someone my age? don't want to spend more than $400-500 at most!

Please no.

For $200-300, you can get a quality AE or BB shoe easily. At 400-500, you can get Alden or C&J. And even those CK ones you put are much cheaper on other sites.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'm trying to decide between two glasses. I've tried them both on and they both fit my face and look good.

Both styles generally look a bit 60's secretary-like. #1 is not as nice as #2... I wouldn't have these as my first and only pair. looks more like your 3rd sort of funky casual pair, like you'd have to be a hipster or in marketing or something. #2 are alright.

Originally Posted by stylesmurf
Also saw these paraboots (made in spain):

Mmmm, I do like them. Basically like Sperry's but sort of with a twist. Not sure though if people'll just assume they are Sperry but a strange model. I'm not sold, but they are pretty good.

Originally Posted by Mossy

Please no... They're a hodge-podge of loafers and wingtips, not dressy and not casual, and def no professional at all. And for that price?!! Please lurk/post around the Men's Clothing section and you'll see very quickly what's a lot better.
Where are you located in canada, Pm me if you want ideas of stores/brands to check out...

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
Mmmm, I do like them. Basically like Sperry's but sort of with a twist. Not sure though if people'll just assume they are Sperry but a strange model. I'm not sold, but they are pretty good.

Thanks for your comments.
I never think of myself as liking boat shoes/Sperrys at all.. but when i saw them in the dept store, the quality that they were oozing really caught my eye, so I had to look it up on the internets :p

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads