• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA)

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
food pr0n
img0299e.jpg
img0305h.jpg
img0307s.jpg

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i'll have to try that now. i'm content with philly's best chains, they import armoroso rolls on a daily basis which is amazing

that's what Fredo's in Pasadena did when Dan ran it. Philly's Best is ok, I would like it more if I didnt have Fredo's to compare it with

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
been kind of disenchanted from ramen after going to shinsengumi's.
there's just something wrong about paying $12 to eat average ramen...
would rather eat 2 packs of some doctored instant ramen.

If shinsengumi is average, what ramen do you like?

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ is Fredo's as good as it was? They changed owners right

GS, yeah the food looks really normal, but maaaan.

Farmer's market was kind of cool. I want to do the "taste of farmer's market" thing as I only tried some dried fruit and ice cream at Bennett's (which was good. all handmade there) The fruit was fkn expensive

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
that's what Fredo's in Pasadena did when Dan ran it. Philly's Best is ok, I would like it more if I didnt have Fredo's to compare it with

philly's best reminds me a lot like jim's on south....which i prefer to the whole gino's pat's stuff

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
i'll have to try that now. i'm content with philly's best chains, they import armoroso rolls on a daily basis which is amazing

I've had phillys best and I won't say anymore. Go to the john's at the location I mentioned (they have 2 or 3 others) and order the #2 pepper steak and when the guy asks if you want onions etc on it just say yes. The best is when you get it to go so its wrapped up and the juices soak into the bread for 10-15 minutes and it's still piping hot. Not as good if you get it and dine in, we usually have him wrap it anyway. Trust me.

The chili cheese fries are good too but it's enough for two people. Damn I might go today after work now.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
^ is Fredo's as good as it was? They changed owners right

GS, yeah the food looks really normal, but maaaan.

i meant your photo skills are a bit dodgy!

Fredo's was AWESOME, but no longer. RIP Fredo's

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:*( I only got to eat at Fredo's once before the change. Off to philly's best I guess.

Aahahah point and shoot, I don't know much more than that

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
damn, this thread is a goldmine.

also, i don't know if this has been mentioned before, but kelvin, if you like farmers markets, you should check out the one on mission in south pas every thursday in the afternoon. it's pretty small, but i always walk away with something delicious to eat.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ when I get some time I'm going to compileall the food stuff in the thread for everyone.

Looks like my day trip to south pas will be on a thursday. Are the prices better than the 3rd st market? $12 for some dried mangoes is bsss

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pasadena

Gus BBQ
808 Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 799-3251

Bollini's Pizzeria Napolitana – Best pizza evar
2315 S Garfield Ave
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(323) 722-7600

Firefly
1009 El Centro St
South Pasadena, CA 91030

Oak Tree Inn – Chinese
1325 Fair Oaks Ave
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(323) 682-2882

Porto's – Sandwiches, pastries, cheese rolls, etc.
315 N Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA 91203
(818) 956-5996

Green St. Taqueria
730 E Green St
Pasadena, CA 91101

Saladang Song - Thai
383 South Fair Oaks
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 793-5200

Fair Oaks Pharmacy – ice cream, floats, sundaes
1526 Mission St
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 799-1414

Fosselmans Ice Cream Co.
1824 W Main St
Alhambra, CA 91801
(626) 282-6533

21 Choices – Frozen Yogurt
85 W Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91105
(626) 304-9521

Buster's Coffee and Ice Cream
1006 Mission St
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 441-0744

Shiro – Asian Fusion, high end
1505 Mission St
South Pasadena, CA 91030
(626) 799-4774

going to print this out and try as many places I can over the next few months. I rarely go to Pasadena though...

L.A. neeext

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
senor fish on mission is pretty solid too. but the eagle rock one is nicer to sit at. should we expand this to eagle rock? then we can throw in blue hen, fatties (good but overrated), la Beaujolais's (the french one and the vietnamese one), larkins, oinkster, etc...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Dude... Beaujolais is ******* awesome. I keep telling the Lobster about it since it's a great date place AND the food is good, too. Love the French waiters who do nothing but hit on your date on the not-so-sly ala that SNL sketch.

If we're talking farmers markets, Montrose>South Pas any day of the ******* week. Just don't go blowing up my spot. Same goes with Larchmont.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Dude... Beaujolais is ******* awesome. I keep telling the Lobster about it since it's a great date place AND the food is good, too. Love the French waiters who do nothing but hit on your date on the not-so-sly ala that SNL sketch.

If we're talking farmers markets, Montrose>South Pas any day of the ******* week. Just don't go blowing up my spot. Same goes with Larchmont.

larchmont farmer's market? where most of the booths take credit cards? i like that white honey stand.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics