• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RISING SUN denim store in Pasadena (LA)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Great thanks now I am armed with all the ramen info I need.

Anybody wanna offer any real assistance or ramen 101?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Are you kidding there isn't **** to eat in oc compared to LA.

Btw somebody school me on ramen at santoka, what options/choices are there and what is optimal me and kelvin have a lunch date coming up I want to be prepared so I can impress him.

get the SPECIAL PORK set. whatever that is, i think it's #7. make sure it's the one where the toppings are on the side. it's the best thing they have. so much so i have never gotten anything else there.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh my ******* god

first and only time i had ramen was at shinsengumi. It was okay, didn't get it.

But damn. Daikokuya was fkn AMAZING. had the fried rice and it was also delicious.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ this was the L.A. one I didn't have to wait in line more than 10 minutes but it is a tuesday night...

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
get the SPECIAL PORK set. whatever that is, i think it's #7. make sure it's the one where the toppings are on the side. it's the best thing they have. so much so i have never gotten anything else there.

Cool thanks poly will try that.

A few of my other favorite spots as limited as they are in oc are

-anjin ***. bbq on paularino and bristol across from the supermarket santoka is in (best things are #5 marbled prime rib, #43 fried rice in earth stone pot and beef tatake to start). This place is only open from 5pm-1am no reservations and long wait unless you go b/w 5-6

-gulfstream for fish restaurant

-bandera for the most amazing french dip, mac n cheese, cornbread, burgers (same as houstons)

-johns philly grill in hb (the one on goldenwest and edinger) for the best cheesesteaks, dude is from philly

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
yo where can I kop a good falafel, hummous and baklava?

I don't know but paradise on glenoaks has some great pastries as do a couple of other spots in glendale.

Originally Posted by whodini
Ever been to shamshiri?

I'm not sure if I've gone but I've eaten at a few persian joints in oc, la, westwood and raffis in glendale is my go to spot. It's the best tasting, cheapest and most generous along with great casual patio dining. Get the barg kebab (filet) cooked medium (or else it comes out dry) and it's almost enough for two, with some tea afterwards with zooloobya and bomya desert pastres drenched in melted sugar. The perfect meal and the chicken barg is nice too even though it looks glow in the dark.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i am going to be getting my gruuuuub on for the next few months perhaps I won't look like a malnourished viet refugee after i hit all these spots

delirium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
oh my ******* god

first and only time i had ramen was at shinsengumi. It was okay, didn't get it.

But damn. Daikokuya was fkn AMAZING. had the fried rice and it was also delicious.

been kind of disenchanted from ramen after going to shinsengumi's.
there's just something wrong about paying $12 to eat average ramen...
would rather eat 2 packs of some doctored instant ramen.

Originally Posted by jet

A few of my other favorite spots as limited as they are in oc are

-anjin ***. bbq on paularino and bristol across from the supermarket santoka is in (best things are #5 marbled prime rib, #43 fried rice in earth stone pot and beef tatake to start). This place is only open from 5pm-1am no reservations and long wait unless you go b/w 5-6

-gulfstream for fish restaurant

-bandera for the most amazing french dip, mac n cheese, cornbread, burgers (same as houstons)

-johns philly grill in hb (the one on goldenwest and edinger) for the best cheesesteaks, dude is from philly

haven't tried most of these places. i'll give it a shot, thanks.
oc food isn't that bad though.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I'm not sure if I've gone but I've eaten at a few persian joints in oc, la, westwood and raffis in glendale is my go to spot. It's the best tasting, cheapest and most generous along with great casual patio dining. Get the barg kebab (filet) cooked medium (or else it comes out dry) and it's almost enough for two, with some tea afterwards with zooloobya and bomya desert pastres drenched in melted sugar. The perfect meal and the chicken barg is nice too even though it looks glow in the dark.

figure there had to be some awesome persian joints in Glendale. There's a good lebanese place right near my pad that is a go to for Shwarma, Falafel, etc. but always into checking out other habib eateries

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't know if prices have changed but the bowl was $8.50 last night which isn't tooo bad.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delirium
there's just something wrong about paying $12 to eat average ramen... would rather eat 2 packs of some doctored instant ramen.
and this is posted on style forum where nerds pay $200+ for jeans and $100 is a good sale price for an oxford shirt
wink.gif
I think anything up to $10 is a good price unless I'm dumping all kinds of **** into the soup base, which I rarely do. Chashu, green onion, bean sprouts and maybe bamboo shoots is all I need. Hold the ginger and dump the egg into the trash

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

i'll have to try that now. i'm content with philly's best chains, they import armoroso rolls on a daily basis which is amazing

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads