• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How would you finish off this suit?

Drace1

Reaction score
Hello! Well, I'm here once again with a fairly simple task for you SF'ers. I recently purchased this Ermenegildo Zegna suit and I am in need for some insight. I am attending an evening wedding and want to make this suit pop... I've had a bit of trouble pulling it all together. Not sure if a colored **** will go good or not. What would you pair it with? Below you will find 3 picture's, the first is my suit and the others were found on SF. Any visual aid would help. What color shirt would you go with? (Beige, Light Blue, Pink etc??) What color tie...? (patterns? No stripes? Skinny?)

TBSDSpaniard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drace1
Not sure if a colored **** will go good or not.

Colored **** would be bad.
wink.gif

But in all seriousness, I'd go pale solid blue or lavendar shirt (as it seems the stipes are blue from your pic).

I think you will find that some here may think pinstripes wouldn't be a great option for a wedding, but I think its fine.

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score
found this- i know your suit is a darker shade, but maybe this will give an idea:

big_10.jpg

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TBSDSpaniard

Colored **** would be bad.
wink.gif

But in all seriousness, I'd go pale solid blue or lavendar shirt (as it seems the stipes are blue from your pic).

I think you will find that some here may think pinstripes wouldn't be a great option for a wedding, but I think its fine.

I would agree.

Drace1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitMyself
I would agree.

Hmm... definitely not going for the Sh*t color
tongue.gif

I went to Cafe Coton and the guy there paired up the suit with a medium pink shirt with white undertones and a brighter pink tie.. Do you think pink is out?

What about a pocket square for the wedding?

Drace1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
found this- i know your suit is a darker shade, but maybe this will give an idea:

big_10.jpg

Not bad, but do you think green will go even though my suit has more of a sheen to it?

ThisFlyGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Drace1
Not bad, but do you think green will go even though my suit has more of a sheen to it?

na, I don't think green will match.
to me, the shirt looks a bit yellowish in the picture.

perhaps try the suit on with a lavendar shirt, a white shirt and then with a blue shirt....take some pics and then we can choose.
fing02[1].gif

Drace1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
na, I don't think green will match.
to me, the shirt looks a bit yellowish in the picture.

perhaps try the suit on with a lavendar shirt, a white shirt and then with a blue shirt....take some pics and then we can choose.
fing02[1].gif

Will do! I have a light blue shirt and a beige here. I'll get to it tomorrow. Going to call it a night. Thanks for the quick responses.

lermontov

Reaction score
I like the idea of a light blue shirt with it - maybe a navy tie

kuwisdelu

Reaction score
I think it would go well with a light blue shirt. Try on some ties and see what goes well with it. I'd go with something in burgundy, navy, or gray, or some combination of them.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Light blue shirt, dark navy pindot tie, light blue pocket square. Don't forget the square.

Crosstalker

Reaction score
I have the same suit, and most light colors go fine with it. I'd stay away from all shades of green, though.

Your skin color will have some impact on whether yellow is feasible. I have olive skin, and wearing a yellow shirt with a dark suit makes me look like some sort of 70s game show host.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads