• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Unexpected encounters with celebrities

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didnt meet to her, but Kate Moss was shopping on our street this morning when I went to the post office. There were about 8 paperazzi (sp?) out front when I left the house.

K

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was sitting on the south bank near the tate modern with a couple of friends today and Frank Skinner, a reasonably well known british comic strolled right past us.

I couldn't remember his name so I nodded towards him and said "look it's that **** comedian..." in the hope one of my friends would know who he was. He heard and glared at us.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Mrs Smart saw Jessica Biel at Disneyland last week. Funny that both of us have seen her at some point now.

Not a celeb, but recognizable for those who watch it, we were waiting to cross the street in Old Town Pasadena with Nick from Project Runway a couple seasons back

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
...one of my buddies knocked Tim Robbins into next week with a clean hit...Robbins called the cops...

Your buddy should've been awarded a medal.
And the cops should've laughed in Robbins' face.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Your buddy should've been awarded a medal.
And the cops should've laughed in Robbins' face.

He pulled the, "Do you know who I am?" act with em...was hilarious.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Was in the elevator at ABC Carpet & Home today with Whoopi Goldberg. I thought the hair looked familiar but didn't realize it until later when I saw her browsing.

I was behind her in line once at Faicco's Pork store. Liked the prosciutto sliced thin. Ran into her another time leaving Roundabout performance...
revolve.gif

Neo1824

Reaction score
I sat across from Howie Long and his wife on my last trip a few months ago. I ended up leaving something on my seat (I blame the 18 hrs of traveling) and he came chasing me down the terminal to return it to me. Very nice, approachable guy (and still built like a brick wall).

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
I was behind her in line once at Faicco's Pork store. Liked the prosciutto sliced thin. Ran into her another time leaving Roundabout performance...
revolve.gif

Faicco's sausage....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i just had dinner with abe vigoda, troy tulowitzki and rip taylor.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i just had dinner with abe vigoda
cool, he must e ancient

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just beefing it up for storytelling purposes but i did hang with abe vigoda a few weeks ago. and met tom seaver and rusty staub at my mom's office.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i just had dinner with abe vigoda, troy tulowitzki and rip taylor.

I've always loved Vigoda's characters, going back to Barney Miller.

According to wikipedia, Vigoda is 88 years old. Is he still active and doing stuff?

BTW: I just saw your above post about Rusty Staub ( I was posting simultaneously as you ). Same question, is Staub active? I haven't seen him in 23 years. He played for the Houston Astros and was quite a chef. When he was leaving Houston, I brokered the sale of his condo on Augusta Blvd. here in Houston back around 1986. It was really quite modest and small but it had an especially nice gourmet kitchen. I think he really enjoyed being a chef and experimenting with cooking.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
as active as one gets at that age

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads