• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

your favorite socks

R.O. Thornhill

Reaction score
Falke Milano OTC fil d'ecosse cotton. Cool enough to wear in summer, no problems with 'slippage' and a very nice finish. They are about £12 per pair.

Falke No 7 OTC merino wool sock. A great winter sock, looks stunning with a dark gray flannel suit. They are about £18 per pair

Durability is fantastic for both pairs (esp. for the No 7)

suitsusid

Reaction score
For the last 2 years i have been wearing Duchamp socks they cost £15/pair and are very comfortable indeed, vibrant colours always getting compliments. My oldest pairs are still in good shape so i think very good value for money.

Kookz

Reaction score
For me, it's got to be Smartwool. Cotton is possibly the worst material you could make a sock out of.

They run about $15-20/pair depending on the style.

lawguy

Reaction score
I love my V.K. Nagrani's as much as any other part of my wardrobe. Maybe at some point I'll pull back on the idea of colorful/fun socks like Doc, but until then it'll be V.K. Nagrani OTC's for me. I've tried smartwool, Pantherella's, PS, Borrelli, Brioni... and only Nagrani's are still in my closet.

Except for gym socks- for which I have a variety of cotton and smartwool socks.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marcoliani for "luxury" socks. But I tend to favor the gold toes on a day to day basis
smile.gif

Hennessy

Reaction score
I really like the look and feel of the pairs I bought from Paul Smith, but the quality can not defend their high price. The last few pairs lasted for about 10 wears which brings up the question how long do you keep your socks in rotation?

Will definatly check out Effio as mentioned further up in the thread.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kookz
For me, it's got to be Smartwool. Cotton is possibly the worst material you could make a sock out of.

do you mind my asking why?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I only wear goldtoes, for the past 5 years or so. I like the simplicity of only having one sock, and they are veyr comfortable and long wearing.

sartorialexecutive

Reaction score
Favourite brandsfor me are Corgi and Marcoliani. Prices about GBP12 - 20

Why? They are the ebst brands I have found for OTC.

Young Pro

Reaction score
For conservative socks, tough to beat the Talbott OTCs that I picked up at Nordstrom Rack for the princely sum of $6 a pair. I picked up about a dozen pairs in navy, grey and taupe.

For fun socks - Duchamp by a mile.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers wool argyle. They have held up well and are about as colorful as I like to get. I do wish they were a little longer. I can't remember the price. I picked up a bunch at the end of last year during sale time.

Honorable mention to Wigwam rag wool. They are just about all I wear in the winter for casual dress. I don't tend to wear socks casually in the summer.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawguy
I love my V.K. Nagrani's as much as any other part of my wardrobe.

+1. I bought most of them on B&S for $12-18 but you can get them for substantially less at Century 21 and Daffy's at times.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads