• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Starting "The plague" by Camus tonight after reading "The fall" in a bar this afternoon.

guyferguson

Affiliate vendor
Reaction score
Just about to finish rereading The Glass Bead Game. Hesse is one of my favourites, but something about the tone of this one (annoying narrator?) leaves it slightly dry for me. Beautiful story, but not offering me much thematically that wasn't explored in Sidhartha/ Steppenwolf. Still an essential read for me though.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM
Just about to finish rereading The Glass Bead Game. Hesse is one of my favourites, but something about the tone of this one (annoying narrator?) leaves it slightly dry for me. Beautiful story, but not offering me much thematically that wasn't explored in Sidhartha/ Steppenwolf. Still an essential read for me though.

Funny, a guy from BC recommended I read this two days ago. Are you him!?

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Short Stories of Earnest Hemingway.

I have this book. Haven't had a chance to start it, though. Any drunk with a palate favoring a proper mojito is a friend of mine!

Now reading: King's "The Gunslinger"

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM

great book

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I'm kind of on a "Decline and Fall..." kick.

I just started "The Limits of Power: The End of American Exceptionalism" by Andrew Bacevich. Just finished "Day of Empire: How Hyperpowers Rise to Prominence and Why They Fail" by Amy Chua.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just finished 1984 and am beginning The Call of the Wild. I am enjoying these classics more now than I did when I was younger. For what its worth, 1984 pales greatly in comparison to We by Zamyatin. But I did find 1984 more disturbing than Brave New World.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Just finished 1984 and am beginning The Call of the Wild. I am enjoying these classics more now than I did when I was younger. For what its worth, 1984 pales greatly in comparison to We by Zamyatin. But I did find 1984 more disturbing than Brave New World.

I thought The Call of the Wild was a great book back when I read it.

Lachy

Reaction score
Just got finished reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", which is book 1 in the "Millennium Trilogy".

The author Stieg Larsson, wrote the trilogy submitted to his publisher and passed away before publication. The originals were written in Swedish, but have been translated into English very well. The first was a great read, a complex thriller with great characters. If you like that sort of thing, I highly recommend it.

I've just started in on the second book "The Girl who Played with Fire", I'm hoping for more of the same.

I'm not sure what the third book is titled, I don't think it's been released yet, at least I can't see it on Amazon.
Thegirlwiththedragontattoo.jpg
41HlznzmbHL._SS500_.jpg

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
started and finished a book about robert jan doorn today, apparently one of the bigger money launderers in his time.. not much of a read but a good snack in between..

DECEMBER

Reaction score
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will be starting one of these books later this week. Don't know which yet. Halp me.
41WY0DBG9AL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51F11ZFD6JL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
1122.gif

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for fiction, especially Russian fiction, so I'd go with Crime and Punishment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads