• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful. Which Reverso is that?

Also love the Milgauss there - looks much better than in most pics I've seen. Maybe I should go take a look in person.

Miguel Alvarez

Reaction score
Here's to add some JLC love. Nice watch greg. Is that strap from ABP?

13032009266.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reverso Grande Date

Steven Aver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Alvarez
Here's to add some JLC love. Nice watch greg. Is that strap from ABP?

13032009266.jpg

I had the pleasure of getting a strap made by ABP while in Paris this year. Pricey, but veery nice guys to deal with and the experience great being able to search through bins and select the hide I wanted.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the JLC and the speedy. JLC Reverso Grande Sun Moon 18k Rose Gold.... it'll be in my watch collection one day
smile.gif

emakris

Reaction score
The JLCs are fantastic; gents, you can be certain that I write this with a degree of envy.

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KtownGreg
Some JLC Reverso love....
JLCReverso1.jpg

Originally Posted by Miguel Alvarez
13032009266.jpg

Love, love, love the Reverso Grand Date. But Greg and Miguel, do you think that the watch wears too big to be a true dress watch, in your opinion? I really am just asking, as I have never handled or worn one in real life.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Love, love, love the Reverso Grand Date. But Greg and Miguel, do you think that the watch wears too big to be a true dress watch, in your opinion? I really am just asking, as I have never handled or worn one in real life.

I'm a different Greg and a previous owner of an RGD, so I'll give my own 2 cents. I wear a lot of big watches (several PAMs, a BigP, etc...) but I felt that the RGD's proportions didn't work on my wrist. Too thick for the case size. It sat quite high on my wrist and that was noticeable (at least to me). That was my only problem with it because everything else about this watch is fantastic.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
hey guys, looking for the collective wisdom of SF's watch group here.
my sister turns 21 in a while and i was looking to get her a watch. an auto hopefully

in the 500-1000 range. only seiko comes to mind what else is there?

i'm in OZ by the way

(yes this isnt realy the place to post such a comment but you guys are likely to reply, where as if i start a new thread no one will pay notice) cheers.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

chuckseabreeze

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'm a different Greg and a previous owner of an RGD, so I'll give my own 2 cents. I wear a lot of big watches (several PAMs, a BigP, etc...) but I felt that the RGD's proportions didn't work on my wrist. Too thick for the case size. It sat quite high on my wrist and that was noticeable (at least to me). That was my only problem with it because everything else about this watch is fantastic.
Well of course, your 2 cents are probably worth more than anyone else's 2 cents around here when it comes to watches. I too like bigger watches, at least slightly larger proportional to wrist size, and have never handled a RGD in person, but feel like it wouldn't work well on my wrist either, and I probably have smaller wrists than you, Greg. Mine are just under 7 and I think you said once yours were like 7.25 -7.5. Beautiful watch though. As far as photos go, my favorite design, maybe even more so than some of the beautiful Lange's and FP Journes. Oh well, I won't stress about it too much
blush.gif

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chuckseabreeze
Well of course, your 2 cents are probably worth more than anyone else's 2 cents around here when it comes to watches. I too like bigger watches (42-44 mm) and have never handled a RGD in person, but feel like it wouldn't work well on my wrist either, and I probably have smaller wrists than you, Greg. Mine are just under 7 and I think you said once yours were like 7.25 -7.5. Beautiful watch though. As far as photos go, my favorite design, maybe even more so than some of the beautiful Lange's and FP Journes. Oh well, I won't stress about it too much
blush.gif

You should stop by a store and try it on. You may feel very differently about it on the wrist.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads