• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
photo-12.jpg

Keep as is, tailor, or return?

Talk to a tailor and have him/her tell you how much it would be to work on it a bit. It's probably really boxy right now, so I would just have them raise the armholes considerably. and maybe shorten the shirt a bit. I dunno I think you can pull it off. If you really aren't satisfied with the shirt just return it...or you could try distressing it by hand.
devil.gif
Usually doesn't work out very well though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ahk1979

Really like that Our Legacy shirt, should have kopped when it was still around in my size.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Phat Guido
Back to Topic
L1020571.jpg

F/wear\t Dark blue French calf cap toe blucher - Jil Sander

YAY for Jil shoes!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Eason
Jeans need to be 2 inches longer IMO.

I like pants a bit shorter, I go back and forth on it though.

Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
IMG_0602.JPG

Margaret Howell Shirt - Wish this fit more like BoO
musicboohoo[1].gif

J Lindeberg waxed black jeans
Barney's boots

This is good. Like that shirt.

Originally Posted by danracer
Picture064.jpg

PRL/J. Crew/BB

the pants are a bit baggy on the leg but couldnt leave em up for 15 bucks lol

Don't listen to whoever told your your polo is too big; it fits fine, you're just real skinny. It looks fine. See if you can bring your shorts to a tailor and have them slim them up and maybe give them a cuff.

sartre864

Reaction score
I know PRL isn't indie, which is why the advice applies to him considering there's a kids collection from Ralph Lauren.

sartre864

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
Don't listen to whoever told your your polo is too big; it fits fine, you're just real skinny. It looks fine. See if you can bring your shorts to a tailor and have them slim them up and maybe give them a cuff.

"Don't listen to whoever suggested slimming your shorts; they fit fine, you're just really skinny."

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even danracer thinks his shorts are too baggy, which they are a little. I can sympathize, though. He and I pretty much have the same build.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sartre864
"Don't listen to whoever suggested slimming your shorts; they fit fine, you're just really skinny."
lol8[1].gif
It's a little different for a number of reasons. 1- That shirt fits him, lengthwise and in the shoulders and chest. He just has scrawny arms. I do too, but he's a bit worse off than me. I don't think it's to the point where it looks ridiculous though I'm not sure how a children's XL would look on him. I'm imagining it being not very good but maybe you've had more experience with that than me. I'm fairly certain a tailor would not be able to do anything with those sleeves. 2- Those shorts are not cut very well at all. Most shorts are not. Looks like a tent. If you want your off the rack shorts to look good and be cheap, chances are you're going to have to get them tailored. It would not be a difficult process and would probably be inexpensive. No reason for him to throw away the shorts.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
wmk, the shirt doesnt look bad, and seems to fit well. The question is how you´ll wear it? Skin tight Apc´s wont cut it if your going for the Kerouac vibe.

No, the APC's won't cut it. I was thinking about Imperial Dukes. They've got a 12 inch rise and are a slim/straight kind of fit you think that'd work, or should I go with an even looser repro cut?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
lol8[1].gif
It's a little different for a number of reasons.

1- That shirt fits him, lengthwise and in the shoulders and chest. He just has scrawny arms. I do too, but he's a bit worse off than me. I don't think it's to the point where it looks ridiculous though I'm not sure how a children's XL would look on him. I'm imagining it being not very good but maybe you've had more experience with that than me. I'm fairly certain a tailor would not be able to do anything with those sleeves.
2- Those shorts are not cut very well at all. Most shorts are not. Looks like a tent. If you want your off the rack shorts to look good and be cheap, chances are you're going to have to get them tailored. It would not be a difficult process and would probably be inexpensive. No reason for him to throw away the shorts.

the polo looks kinda ridiculous...

i never know whether its easier to get childrens clothes or to work out and beef up chest/arms... i dont understand how theres so many <36R running around when all it takes is a couple of weeks to get most average height people (5' 10'' accordign to wiki) up to 38R.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
i dont understand how theres so many <36R running around when all it takes is a couple of weeks to get most average height people (5' 10'' accordign to wiki) up to 38R.
Because some of us are really lazy.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
perfect outfit for you IMO

Originally Posted by warlok1965
stp84210.jpg

Raf Simons
KZO
Wings + Horns

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
587258877_Te2yd-L.jpg

ToJ varsity in SF colours
BoO
SDA-103
redwings

ahk1979

Reaction score
Originally Posted by v3l
Is that bag made by Beckel? How do you like it? I'm thinking of getting one but I have no way of being able to see it in person

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is. I got it at In God We Trust in NYC, so instead of having a Beckel tag, it has an In God We Trust tag on it. Of course that means I over paid for it, but I still really like it. If you can get it for the price on the Beckel site, then I think you should grab one forsure.

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by danracer
Picture064.jpg
PRL/J. Crew/BB the pants are a bit baggy on the leg but couldnt leave em up for 15 bucks lol

You're taking advice and we can all see the results. I'd take a more mellow colour polo but I'm a monochromatic kind of guy, and it's purely down to preference. Shorts look marginally better with a cuff but they're still a tad flarey. I cannot for the life of me understand how the template for shorts everywhere is ******* morbidly hideous. I'd wager it's a fairly easy job for a tailor to alter, but it would probably be more economical to buy a pair of slim chinos from UO, and then cut them off. Look forward to seeing your next fit, bruno.
Originally Posted by andyliu52
the polo looks kinda ridiculous... i never know whether its easier to get childrens clothes or to work out and beef up chest/arms... i dont understand how theres so many <36R running around when all it takes is a couple of weeks to get most average height people (5' 10'' accordign to wiki) up to 38R.
No, it doesn't look ridiculous. Coming from someone who pays the very closest attention to how the sleeve hugs the arm - you're wrong. It doesn't billow out ridiculously, it's just not tight. With danracer's frame it'd be difficult to find a low-end polo with a better fit. EDIT: @Vashin - straight up dogging it. Truth.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Agreed about polo fit, tight would be ridiculous. We need some kind of moderation on who is allowed to give out advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads