• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grey Goose Binge!

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Hello,

My wife and I were visiting cousins in Canada early this week. I alone, less about 6 shots, drank the remainder of the 750ml bottle over the course of the evening.

How many have done this or similar? Is it worrisome?

I've never drank close to so much vodka in one sitting before.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think its worrisome that you were drinking GG in the first place. DB Vodka, and ****** at that.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You rang?

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

KBW

Reaction score
Grey Goose??? Are you from Jersey?

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Goose!
eh.gif

If it didn't come with a sparkler on the bottle you ain't doin' it bigtime.

cldpsu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gome, where is this set of pictures? I need to show everyone I know.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
I did a google images search for "grey goose guido" and this website had a slew of similar things. Terrible. I'd give you a link but I'm at work now and its one thing I'd like to not pull up on the office computer.

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Too funny! I agree it's overpriced and cliched. My cousin had it on hand, that's all. I'd take Smirnoff Black Label anytime over GG. I believe you can only find it in Canada or the UK, however.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
yeah, GG now has that unpopular (or popular if you enjoy "clubbin") stigma. I do like the pear GG, but really do not need 750 ml of it.

For other brands, I like Ketel One, or Svedka if I'm going the cheap route.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My bottle of GG has a Kirkland label on it. No kidding.

So a shot is what? 1.5 oz. So x 6 = 9 oz. 750 mil = ~25 oz, so you drank about 16 oz or ~ 11 shots. Certainly enough to feel fairly toasty, but nothing a grown man shouldn't be able to handle over the course of an evening.

FWIW, while I do have a big bottle of plain GG from CostCo (Kirkland), I usually buy Absolut for flavoured, as it's a crap ton cheaper than GG. Like these I got last weekend:

DSC01105.jpg

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smirnoff and Absolut give me crazy headaches. I can choke down SKYY if I need to drink on the cheap, but to be honest, these days I dont really drink vodka. Also +1 to the Kettle One for cheapy but decent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads