• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian_Flyte
picard.jpg

You guys really represent yourself in an inviting way. I think all you need is love do do do... All you need is love do do do do ..... All you need is love love.... Love is all you need...............

I thought it would be easier and people would not mind answering my questions. I guess I was being naive by not recognizing the majority of society is not that inviting or genuinely nice.

Also, lighten up? I believe I was the one that was light before being attacked by the uninviting masses who decided to respond in negative manner to my initial inquiry. I am sorry for offending anyone but I believe people like this are not worth it regardless of whatever lasting impressions they have had among their peers. I will now ride off into the sunset. Thanks everyone for having me come to the realization that this community overall is just not worth it.

PS the star trek guy is getting boring from past observations.

Have a good life
cheers.gif

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
i can say good bye with 500 words

so long "unable to use search function myself guy"

anyways... i just picked up my pair today, so so awesome, as well thanks for the sizing help, sizing down 0.5 is definitely the way to go

i personally prefer the untreated look, db's look a little odd when they glare

th0rbahn

Reaction score
i am happy to report that after 5 or 6 wears the hell blister issues have basically stopped

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
You guys really represent yourself in an inviting way. I think all you need is love do do do... All you need is love do do do do ..... All you need is love love.... Love is all you need...............

I thought it would be easier and people would not mind answering my questions. I guess I was being naive by not recognizing the majority of society is not that inviting or genuinely nice.

Also, lighten up? I believe I was the one that was light before being attacked by the uninviting masses who decided to respond in negative manner to my initial inquiry. I am sorry for offending anyone but I believe people like this are not worth it regardless of whatever lasting impressions they have had among their peers. I will now ride off into the sunset. Thanks everyone for having me come to the realization that this community overall is just not worth it.

PS the star trek guy is getting boring from past observations.

Have a good life
cheers.gif

My use of Picard was not just in response to your questions, but to the idiotic responses. Yeah, you should have searched first, but I'm not a fan of indignant responses to simple questions, either.

I refuse to waste any more of my life on this topic and I suggest that everyone else do the same.

hamish5178

Reaction score
back on track. . .

Noone is dismayed that AE is carrying these? I know that I am. I can't imagine their clientel actually trying them though, they wouldn't look too great with shredded bleached flarez.

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
back on track. . .

Noone is dismayed that AE is carrying these? I know that I am. I can't imagine their clientel actually trying them though, they wouldn't look too great with shredded bleached flarez.

I dunno, looking at American Eagle's shoes selection, it's pretty decent: no logos on the outsides of the shoes, simple leather flip flops, boat shoes, desert boots without the crepe sole (which annoys me, for one)... Would that all mall brands followed suit.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my first pair sand suedes last week.

I actually sized down a whole size (11.5 to 10.5) although, I am a 'smaller' 11.5.......I'd say the size
down 0.5 still applies.

I look forward to repeated wearing and scuffing over the course of the summer.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sebastian_Flyte
I dunno, looking at American Eagle's shoes selection, it's pretty decent: no logos on the outsides of the shoes, simple leather flip flops, boat shoes, desert boots without the crepe sole (which annoys me, for one)... Would that all mall brands followed suit.

Agree. They look like a fairly decent knockoff, a cut or two above the Merona. If this gets the Real World frat kids into a decent looking shoe, who are we to be critical?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by th0rbahn
i am happy to report that after 5 or 6 wears the hell blister issues have basically stopped

Yikes. I don't get the blister issues some people report. I have never had a problem with DBs.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of the AE desert boots. I can't find any beeswax and that's really the only reason I would buy Clarks. Free shipping to my place and returns so if they end up being total suck, no loss.

v3l

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Yikes. I don't get the blister issues some people report. I have never had a problem with DBs.
Really? Mine killed me the first three or so wears. Although I probably could have sized down half a size if I wanted. They're perfect now though.

MinnesotaNice

Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of DBs and brown leather boat shoes from the Clarks store for a combined $99 at their sale

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^how much are the DBs going for now? and how long is the sale for

kit99bar

Reaction score
Every clarks store I've been to has never carried the classic desert boot. it's quite odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics