• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Augusta Footwear

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Augusta retails for like $1800-2200 in the US, no?
Do they go for less in Europe?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think even the savviest, sale-hunting motherfuckers never get them for much below $800 or so. And lulz at Constant Struggle. As Fuuma said, Cechetto makes a lot of non distressed ones that look really great. Justin has a pair.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
I think even the savviest, sale-hunting motherfuckers never get them for much below $800 or so.

And lulz at Constant Struggle. As Fuuma said, Cechetto makes a lot of non distressed ones that look really great. Justin has a pair.

Well the cost to Simone is pretty high. For example all the sole layers are individually aggregated and that takes time.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Augusta retails for like $1800-2200 in the US, no? Higher than any Lanvin or Balenciaga shoes for men I know.
I think the Lanvin and Balenciaga coats you have probably retailed for more than that though right? That's what I was referring to. I'm just jealous anyway.
tongue.gif
Fuuma, did you take any pictures from the show room? I would like to see some of those highlights you mentioned. Sounds like good reason to quite kopping for a bit and save up.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AndrewRyanWallace
I think the Lanvin and Balenciaga coats you have probably retailed for more than that though right? That's what I was referring to. I'm just jealous anyway.
tongue.gif
Fuuma, did you take any pictures from the show room? I would like to see some of those highlights you mentioned. Sounds like good reason to quite kopping for a bit and save up.

No, didn't take pictures, I will ask him for some quality ones. Oh and the guy studied contemporary art and smokes like a chimney, my kind of guy. Yeah the Lanvin&Balenciaga pieces I have are pricey but their shoes are more reasonable, I just prefer their jackets. Pricing has gotten pretty insane anyway, Lanvin routinely sells 800€ sweaters. If it's any consolation I think Lanvin is wearable everyday without a thought so you can just throw them on.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Do they go for less in Europe?
Is there any way they wouldn't? They're made in Eu and sold by an Eu company so there are all kinds of additional fees. I don't know any Eu brand that costs less in the US, although I guess that's a possibility. Japanese brands made in Japan cost less in Japan, American well you get the drift. Funny example: Thom Browne suit at Barneys: $4500 Same suit at Colette: €4500

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magician
Bump.

Greatest (non formal) footwear bar none.

Not if you like moccasins
tongue.gif

Seriously though....I can understand why people like the styling but when you drop the coin on these aren't you mostly paying for the distressing? If you wouldn't do that for denim, why would you do it for shoes?

Those green ones on the front page are crazy...biohazard steez as someone said.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The market for Augusta footwear is not the same as the market for raw denim. In fact, in a Venn diagram of the two markets, the only people in the overlapping section are probably members of superfuture or styleforum.

Lostinthesupermarket

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
The market for Augusta footwear is not the same as the market for raw denim. In fact, in a Venn diagram of the two markets, the only people in the overlapping section are probably members of superfuture or styleforum.

Right, but the people who are salivating over these boots here are in that overlapping section of the Venn diagram.

As a supplementary question, are the non-distressed versions cheaper?

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
tongue.gif
Seriously though....I can understand why people like the styling but when you drop the coin on these aren't you mostly paying for the distressing? If you wouldn't do that for denim, why would you do it for shoes? Those green ones on the front page are crazy...biohazard steez as someone said.

Fuuma is going to be able to give you a lot more legit info, but here's what I can tell you without much background info: denim is made of cotton. These boots are made of kangaroo, deer, and calfskin, and probably more exotic and expensive ****. I think shoes are also generally more expensive than pants...boots are more expensive than jeans...really nice boots are more expensive than really nice jeans...you get the picture. Also the distressing process used on these shoes is not something you are likely to be able to recreate yourself in your backyard/studio or what not. Also, I don't think Magician, Fuuma or I care about raw denim very much if at all. I know I don't.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lostinthesupermarket
tongue.gif

Seriously though....I can understand why people like the styling but when you drop the coin on these aren't you mostly paying for the distressing? If you wouldn't do that for denim, why would you do it for shoes?

Those green ones on the front page are crazy...biohazard steez as someone said.

Construction, design, materials, exclusivity (rarity, the guy makes them not a factory of 50 people), treatments and distressing. Price is function of many things not just aged leather. Also leather does not age like that, most of the time it just goes bad. Jeans being made of indigo fade very well as it is a very unstable dying process. Distressed jeans also annoy the **** out of me because the distressing fits like two guys and is at the wrong place for everyone else. With that said I have one pair of raw jeans (APC) and I now wear blue jeans like 1-2 times/month. My pair is old and nicely faded though; I like it a lot.

I had raw Dior and Jomons in the past and they just weren't perfect as far as I want out of a pair of raw jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics