• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent

You're supposed to take the hanger out before you put the suit on. EDIT: Aw hell the snarkers beat me to the snark.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
I think the sheen looks nice. Its mohair, after all.

VG, may I ask how much of a discount Chan offers if one provides their own fabric? Also, now that you seem to have your pattern down, do you still have a basted fitting?

Actually the flash makes it seem shinier than it is. Only a little sheen.

I didn't provide my own fabric. Chan was blowing some fabrics out (that yfyf posted in an earlier thread) and offered a deal. The suit ran me $1,000 US.

Originally Posted by JaPo
You're supposed to take the hanger out before you put the suit on.

Snark or not, I don't get it. The shoulder's pretty soft with minimal padding.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
jackie-chan.jpg
i can never resist making a stupid joke
lol8[1].gif

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Looks good VG. I'm looking forward to one of the 'vintage' fabrics soon as well (thanks yfyf).

Here's a few of my Chans. I'll have to dig up some of the others.

mayd.jpg

prkr505b.jpg

pkr030309btt3.jpg

yace

Reaction score
really like the first and third one. which book are they from? thanks.

Originally Posted by Parker
Looks good VG. I'm looking forward to one of the 'vintage' fabrics soon as well (thanks yfyf).

Here's a few of my Chans. I'll have to dig up some of the others.

mayd.jpg

prkr505b.jpg

pkr030309btt3.jpg

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parker, the 1st and 2nd one are very nice; nice proportions and appear to fit very well!

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
VG, may I ask how much of a discount Chan offers if one provides their own fabric?

Chan does not do CMT.

Hennessy

Reaction score
Parker,

The jackets are tremendous! How many fittings did you have? Did you have to do any later alterations to the finished product?

It it feasible to have all the fittings and a finished product in say two weeks if I am to travel to HK? Due to the distance I would rather not have to travel back and forth several times.

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hennessy
Parker,

The jackets are tremendous! How many fittings did you have? Did you have to do any later alterations to the finished product?

It it feasible to have all the fittings and a finished product in say two weeks if I am to travel to HK? Due to the distance I would rather not have to travel back and forth several times.

These are questions best asked of Chan directly. However, they could accommodate you within a fortnight stay very easily but try to make sure Patrick is there during your visit. Alternatively, they make visits to the US quite a bit, so you might want to consider that, although the waiting will be much longer than going to HKG yourself.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Parker, the 1st and 2nd one are very nice; nice proportions and appear to fit very well!

Originally Posted by yace
really like the first and third one. which book are they from? thanks.

I might be wrong, but I think there are only two jackets pictured here. The "second" one is just a close up of the first.

Hennessy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knittieguy
I might be wrong, but I think there are only two jackets pictured here. The "second" one is just a close up of the first.

I think you're wrong. A grey one, a marine (?) and a corduroy in the last picture.

How does the Chan's fit in the back? Proper lenght? Do they have a standard regarding vents, or is it all up to the customer? Also how well does it wear during movement? Does it keep like a drape, or does it move with the body?

rafatmit

Reaction score
For a while the picture of the second one (the blue two-button with patch pockets) wasn't loading, so it looked like there were two instead of three.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need a similar thread about Kent Wang accessories. It can be entitled 'show us your wang'.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads