• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JaPo
I don't think anyone sizes down 2.

I can only afford to size down 0.5.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to find this size on the cheap.

I think sizing down 1/2 from dress shoe (proper leather soled) size and 1 full size from sneaker/casual shoes is the way to go. I think the main problem is the way Clarks sizes them. They label the US size only a half size up from the UK size. The standard UK to US size conversion is 1 whole size. It's weird because they label the Wallabees 1 whole size larger. I've had desert treks, desert boots and wallabees. I originally bought all in the same size and the wallabees fit perfect and the deserts were a half size large.

Basically, I think if you go down a half size from dress shoes, you'll be fine.

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
saw a pair of brooks brothers DBs with a brick sole. what's the story on brick soles, can they be resoled? are they better than crepe soles?

premo

Reaction score
Here are my DB's.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

And here they are after rolling my ankle on the pavement while running for my bus... pretty cool.
163351.jpg

thedamnscott

Reaction score
Just treated my Beeswax Leather DBs with Collonil Waterstop. Here's a picture comparing treated to untreated.
photo.jpg

I'm excited to actually break them in now.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thedamnscott
Just treated my Beeswax Leather DBs with Collonil Waterstop. Here's a picture comparing treated to untreated.
photo.jpg
I'm excited to actually break them in now.

This is my first pair of CDB's. I got the Beeswax. Do you guys recommend treating them before or after you wear them? Does it matter? Also, how do you wear them? Tied, untied, loose? Sorry I am a novice with these type of shoes. Thanks!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
This is my first pair of CDB's. I got the Beeswax. Do you guys recommend treating them before or after you wear them? Does it matter?

Also, how do you wear them? Tied, untied, loose? Sorry I am a novice with these type of shoes.

Thanks!

I treat mine with spaghetti sauce and wear them inside out.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
I treat mine with spaghetti sauce and wear them inside out.

Great response! I will place a star next to your name! Please, are you that shallow where you feel the need to make outlandish comments which serve no other purpose but to display your ignorance?

I am trying to learn about the product and your response in not warranted. When you want to learn you generally ask questions. If someone is kind enough to engage in constructive conversation about CDB's in Beeswax, go right ahead. If not do not bother responding to my post and I will move to other avenues for answers.

Thanks!

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sorry, but...

a. your question about treating them has been asked dozens of times in this thread. It's also a very commonsensical answer, can be found anywhere, and probably would be something a shoe sales person would tell you when you bought the shoe.
b. your second question is just ridiculous. How do we wear them?! Like shoes.

raven37457

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Robert
Sorry, but... a. your question about treating them has been asked dozens of times in this thread. It's also a very commonsensical answer, can be found anywhere, and probably would be something a shoe sales person would tell you when you bought the shoe. b. your second question is just ridiculous. How do we wear them?! Like shoes.
Thanks for an explanation, that was not so hard. a. your question about treating them has been asked dozens of times in this thread. It's also a very commonsensical answer, can be found anywhere, and probably would be something a shoe sales person would tell you when you bought the shoe. I thought this is the purpose of the thread. Whether the question was previously answered or not, maybe people use different products, maybe new products have surfaced, maybe with product use opinions have changed. I am just trying to continue to spur discussion about what product people use and its results. I bought the shoes on-line. So your last statement is not valid in this instance b. your second question is just ridiculous. How do we wear them?! Like shoes. I do not think its ridiculous. People wear shoes different ways. denim over the boot, denim half in half out, denim completely tucked in, tied, untied. Yes, ultimately I am going to wear them how I want but I was wondering how others wear the boots. Your ability to think abstract is low. You should work on that. Thanks

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's just a shoe.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raven37457
Thanks for an explanation, that was not so hard. a. your question about treating them has been asked dozens of times in this thread. It's also a very commonsensical answer, can be found anywhere, and probably would be something a shoe sales person would tell you when you bought the shoe. I thought this is the purpose of the thread. Whether the question was previously answered or not, maybe people use different products, maybe new products have surfaced, maybe with product use opinions have changed. I am just trying to continue to spur discussion about what product people use and its results. I bought the shoes on-line. So your last statement is not valid in this instance b. your second question is just ridiculous. How do we wear them?! Like shoes. I do not think its ridiculous. People wear shoes different ways. denim over the boot, denim half in half out, denim completely tucked in, tied, untied. Yes, ultimately I am going to wear them how I want but I was wondering how others wear the boots. Your ability to think abstract is low. You should work on that. Thanks
Bolded Statement #1: Yes, that is a purpose of this thread; perhaps you should have tried reading it before asking questions. It's annoying when posters ask the same questions over and over again when a little bit of lit reading (or use of zee search functions!) would have sufficed. Bolded Statement #2: So you will wear the shoes however you want, but you need validation of said style-choice from the internet? In response to your earlier query about whether to tie or untie your Clarks Desert Boots in Beeswax, you should tie them. Safety first!
teacha.gif
Besides, how do you expect to sneak up on people in your sneaky shoes if you keep tripping over your shoelaces?
stirpot.gif
Desert Boots are for Rapists!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads