• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Azure
I just received my Birds.

I´m a bit dissapointed with the quality. Used to NDC made by hand.. this PS looks and smell to cement. like the cheap women ones my family used to do in Spain.

The leather is very plastic like! and It has a huge FAIL, it has a paul smith tire 2 cm wide just in the middle of the interior heel. Pain when you walk!

The heel is very low, I´ll try to put a usual one when I get them used.

Thanks God I paid 150 euros sale instead of 228. Sorry no more Paul Smith, there are cheaper and better modern shoes made in Spain right now like Armand Bassi with far more quality.

I honestly spected Canali shoe quality here.. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=126224 But I got a kind of made in China cheap copy
cloud.gif
cold[1].gif

Even those bad done Pradas are better done...

That's why I tend to avoid the PS by Paul Smith line. Some are okay though.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spreadcollar
every brand has different quality levels. personally i'd avoid PS dress shoes that are not mainline/collection/etc. from the pictures, those birds aren't of the quality of starrs, ricards, etc. also nothing like those canalis at all.
I didn´t know it was different brands ! Can you explain further? I tried this afternoon and they look totally **** on me ( sorry no pun to real homos) and them make me walk with the knees to the center like a duck walks . ( Sorry about my english) Bad quality shoes, I´ll pay 20 euros for them , and even for that price I won´t buy them Bye Bye Paul Smith... So long
censored.gif
cloud.gif
cold[1].gif
I´ll do a research tomorrow for those Canali in black. Real shoes at all. I got three " crapola " hated brands right now, number one Polo Ralph Lauren , number two Boss and number 3 Paul shittysmith.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
I was wondeirng if the Paul Smith Ricards are still being sold in stores? Im going to New York first week of August and would like to try them on because they look like they would go great with slim jeans.

I bought my birds for that and they look totally crapola man.

I won´t even try them with some suit trousers....

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought my birds for that and they look totally crapola man.

I won´t even try them with some suit trousers....

hey you only tried out one shoe out of many many many. i think PS is one of the lowest lines, and the other lines have better quality shoes. though to be honest, i saw PS at neiman marcus and was unimpressed, quality about the same as premiata, which ive heard is about ndc level, and both of those can easily be found for deep discount on yoox.

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
hey you only tried out one shoe out of many many many. i think PS is one of the lowest lines, and the other lines have better quality shoes. though to be honest, i saw PS at neiman marcus and was unimpressed, quality about the same as premiata, which ive heard is about ndc level, and both of those can easily be found for deep discount on yoox.

Well not familiar with premiata,but the NDCs I own are top notch, close to those Canalis.Done with calfskin olded leather.

My birds are Zara chinesse quality but priced NDC ...
cold[1].gif
cold[1].gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well not familiar with premiata,but the NDCs I own are top notch, close to those Canalis.Done with calfskin olded leather.

My birds are Zara chinesse quality but priced NDC ...
cold[1].gif
cold[1].gif

I understand your frustrations but no need to throw the whole brand in the trash. You expected Canali quality, that was your first mistake. It's like buying Ferragamo and being disappointed it isn't John Lobb quality. PS, unlike NDC, has different levels; PS by Paul Smith, Paul Smith Jeans, Paul Smith London and Paul Smith. This divisions caters to different people and the prices vary accordingly. You purchased one from their lower lines, similar to buying RL POLO compared to RL Black Label. Quality won't be the same but that doesn't mean the whole brand is garbage.

I have several PS shoes and they have all been well worth the price and quality isn't bad at all. Also, you are buying a designer shoe, you pay for the name and the style that you don't get anywhere else (ie: dip dye color). If you want quality shoes, stay with those who are shoemakers like Alden and EG, etc...

You have two choices really, return it and stop complaining or live with it and stop complaining. I am not trying to be rude but we got your point in the first couple post of yours, you felt you got the short end of the stick, yes we got it. No need to alienate anyone else. Give the other PS shoes a try like the Ricards or the Starrs and see for yourself if that will satisfy your standards but until then, lay off with brand bashing.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Brown cages and black nashes at NM Las Vegas for $220.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
why is the quality on mainline sneakers so ******? the heel on my ibsens is so fucked up.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I honestly didn't even know the mainline made sneakers. I thought they were all PS jeans or PS by PS?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
nope these were mainline... retail was like $400, came in the mainline box with the mainline shoe bags. also say 'paul' in one shoe, 'smith' in the either, and have that 'original dip dye' ... logo? thing on the inside

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Leary canvas grey chukka?

psshoes.jpg

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
why is the quality on mainline sneakers so ******? the heel on my ibsens is so fucked up.
What could you expect for Paul Smith, even the ties doesn´t got good silk, as some armanis or boss. Hyped junk man. Last time I enter into this Paul Smith thread man and another brand that I hate in my large list.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You're a closed-minded idiot. You've made your point now go away. Enjoy your Canalis, we'll continue enjoying our PS's

Azure

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
You're a closed-minded idiot. You've made your point now go away. Enjoy your Canalis, we'll continue enjoying our PS's
Reported by insulting me, to me knees you low class slave! NOW Edited , You don´t have the class either an upper class european to enjoy a Canali you poor lefty born to serve people as ME. Continue with your nikes,and your PS and you Ed Hardy as a tatooed low classy while you clean my Jaguar with your slave born tongue. Then I need a dominican cigar, NOW.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads