• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

wmjarrell

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
Might I ask the turnaround?

For reference, I was quoted 14 wks. I imagine it varies based on time of year and number of pending orders.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW Pen, those are gorgeous.

Please compare the sizing/fit to the other specific shoes you have (last/brand).

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot

Balmorals_2.jpg

That shoe tree looks familiar. Wait, it looks exactly like Vass U-last.
lookaround.gif

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
That shoe tree looks familiar. Wait, it looks exactly like Vass U-last.
lookaround.gif

I'd be fine with that!

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
WOW Pen, those are gorgeous.

Please compare the sizing/fit to the other specific shoes you have (last/brand).

I take a 9.5 medium fitting in:
JLP 7000/8000 (Chapel, Vale, 2007, Towcester, Wroxham, Brooklands, Tudor)
EG 202 (Chelsea, Sandringham)
Trickers Belgrave 4537, Piccadilly 4537, Lambourn 2161
C&J 358 (Selbourne)
G&G TG73 (Wigmore)

In most Barker Blacks I take a UK 9.

Originally Posted by wmjarrell
For reference, I was quoted 14 wks. I imagine it varies based on time of year and number of pending orders.

I sent my cheque for the deposit on 11/04/09 and my shoes were ready 29/06/09. Thats 79 days or around 11 weeks.

Trojanman74

Reaction score
on a side note, does he add any personal touches to the inner sock liner?

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
I take a 9.5 medium fitting in:
JLP 7000/8000 (Chapel, Vale, 2007, Towcester, Wroxham, Brooklands, Tudor)
EG 202 (Chelsea, Sandringham)
Trickers Belgrave 4537, Piccadilly 4537, Lambourn 2161
C&J 358 (Selbourne)
G&G TG73 (Wigmore)

In most Barker Blacks I take a UK 9.

I sent my cheque for the deposit on 11/04/09 and my shoes were ready 29/06/09. Thats 79 days or around 11 weeks.

Thank you sir

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trojanman74
on a side note, does he add any personal touches to the inner sock liner?

If you ask, Cliff may be able to do something for you. Of course additional time may be additional cost. It's always worth asking though.

My main request was the design of the shoe, which was made exactly as I requested.

Haemus

Reaction score
I picked up mine on Friday...

_DSC0823a.jpg

Congratulations Pengranger, what a beautiful example of craftsmanship.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to wade through the 22 pages.. so I'll ask here and forgive if this has been asked before:

Does Cliff have access to shell cordovan leather? If no one has asked I'll be happy to query. Also, could someone repost his email address? thanks!

Oh.. and thanks to those of you who have posted pics of the final product delivered. Stunning shoes/boots! Congrats
fistbump.gif

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NH_Clark
I'm not going to wade through the 22 pages.. so I'll ask here and forgive if this has been asked before:

Does Cliff have access to shell cordovan leather? If no one has asked I'll be happy to query. Also, could someone repost his email address? thanks!

Oh.. and thanks to those of you who have posted pics of the final product delivered. Stunning shoes/boots! Congrats
fistbump.gif

The email address posted earlier in the thread was cliff.roberts7 [at] ntlworld [dot] com. I'm sure you can work out the formatting. You can certainly ask about cordovan - if Cliff can supply it, I would expect there to be additional costs due to the difference in costs for calf and cordovan.

You really should trawl through the pages... that's just a bit lazy...

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The email address posted earlier in the thread was cliff.roberts7 [at] ntlworld [dot] com. I'm sure you can work out the formatting. You can certainly ask about cordovan - if Cliff can supply it, I would expect there to be additional costs due to the difference in costs for calf and cordovan.

You really should trawl through the pages... that's just a bit lazy...

thanks and duly noted.
nod[1].gif

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cliff has access to Cordovan leather from Horween via a leather agent in Northampton...who happens to source his other skins...I asked him back in early June for this since I'm considering it too

Cordovan upcharge:
1. Burgundy, dark brown and black shell cordovan: 89 pounds + VAT per skin
2. Whisky: 95 pounds + VAT per skin
These prices are dependent on the US exchange rate since shell cordovan is imported from the US

Keep in mind it takes 2 skins per shoe and 3 skins per boot...so do the math for the cordovan upcharge
1. Shoe...178-190 pounds + VAT
2. Boots...up to 285 pounds + VAT

If you make a boot with him with little modifications...the cost of the Cordovan leather is just about as much as the boot

Keep in mind Edward Green use to offer Shell Cordovan...but they might not offer it anymore and they fought using it on boots. The upcharge in 2008 use to be $400

Gaziano & Girling can use Shell Cordovan too...but their upcharge is similar to Cliff's...for example Will at a Suitable Wardrobe made this Canterbury boot in Burgundy Shell Cordovan...he listed the price at $1600...http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...nter-boot.html

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Cliff has access to Cordovan leather from Horween via a leather agent in Northampton...who happens to source his other skins...I asked him back in early June for this since I'm considering it too

Cordovan upcharge:
1. Burgundy, dark brown and black shell cordovan: 89 pounds + VAT per skin
2. Whisky: 95 pounds + VAT per skin
These prices are dependent on the US exchange rate since shell cordovan is imported from the US

Keep in mind it takes 2 skins per shoe and 3 skins per boot...so do the math for the cordovan upcharge
1. Shoe...178-190 pounds + VAT
2. Boots...up to 285 pounds + VAT

If you make a boot with him with little modifications...the cost of the Cordovan leather is just about as much as the boot

Keep in mind Edward Green use to offer Shell Cordovan...but they might not offer it anymore and they fought using it on boots. The upcharge in 2008 use to be $400

Gaziano & Girling can use Shell Cordovan too...but their upcharge is similar to Cliff's...for example Will at a Suitable Wardrobe made this Canterbury boot in Burgundy Shell Cordovan...he listed the price at $1600...http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...nter-boot.html

will's boots freakin rock

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads