• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shaving chest hair?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't you guys ever watch that one Seinfeld? Don't shave.

aizan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Or if you do, use butter.

lol.
rotflmao.gif

tbbiker

Reaction score
I have a super hairy front side and I started shaving it a year ago. I love it! I wish I started doing that years ago. I use a Phillops Norelco personal shaver and buzz it smooth every three days or so. It does not take long to do and it looks great.

Brian SD

Reaction score
I've got a pretty nice coat of straight hair on my chest that can get pretty long, so I trim it with a #3 and call it a day. Looks a lot more presentable, muscle definition is good, it's not itchy, and every girl I've been with loves a hairy chest.

aniym

Reaction score
I would have suggested waxing to begin with. None of this irritation business, and the results are good for about a month. plus, people say that the hair grows back less thick, but i haven't really seen those kinds of results. definitely doesn't grow back thicker though, which is what most people are afraid of.

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
no i dont think you should. there will be areas across your upper body that are still hairy other than your chest and it'll just feel out of place. plus shaving it repeatedly is going to become a chore

not uless it guaranteed you more action from your GF lol

changed

Reaction score
I just moved out into my own place and I'm so cheap that I haven't bought a pair of clippers... I use scissors and just trim everything down to an acceptable level.

I've never been with a girl that doesn't like a hairy chest. How old is she??

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done it with a razor before. Of course, I didn't just do the chest, I also did my stomach, shoulders still do that one) and my man area (ditto). I find that some women like it at first, when you're first going out but then want you to grow it out so you're more "safe". Now, I just keep it trim unless I'm going to a lingerie party or something like that, then I might shave it.

I never got red or itchy, even when it was growing back out. However, you do get prickly in a few days so you either have to keep shaving it often or risk exfoliating any woman that tries to lay on you for the next 2 weeks. Also, as it grows back, it'll look patchy for a little while... not the most attractive look my friend.

Muscle definition-wise, you can't beat a clean shave. If you actually have them, you won't ever look like you're 12.

Kris

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Is the hair going to grow back?

I guess you figured this out eventually.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VMan
Hey all,

I have a matter-of-opinion question for you all...

What is your opinion on shaving chest hair? My girlfriend has been pressing me about this for a long time, and I think that it would be a nice valentine's day present. The only reason I haven't is because I kind of like it; preserves some masculinity.

I am not covered in hair like a bear or anything; I just have a large area on my upper chest and some on my stomach.

I was planning on using my electric razor (its waterproof) and shaving cream. Any special techniques?

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I don't do it all the time, but a few times a year I at least do a major trim or sometimes even shave it all off. A barren chest feels especially nice in the hot summer months and feels good when you're swimming. Since I tend not to wear an undershirt, I like to make sure I don't have hair showing through from my dress shirts and polos. I just use shaving cream and my Gillette twin blade.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend would probably break up with me if I shaved my chest hair. She has always said chest hair is by far the sexiest thing about men. She says something along the lines of men with no chest hair remind her of little boys and women.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If my wife divorced me over my chest hair or lack thereof, that would just be sad.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
My girlfriend would probably break up with me if I shaved my chest hair. She has always said chest hair is by far the sexiest thing about men. She says something along the lines of men with no chest hair remind her of little boys and women.

your wife is right

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads