• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Affiliate Thread: Roden Gray

RodenGray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Great sale. I'm also curious what sizes of the perforated whites you had left? I'm also interested in the Wings + Horns White Low Sneakers. What does the 7.5 equate to in Euro sizing. I'm trying to compare them to my CP size (which is a 41) as I hear they run similar. Thanks!

The Wings + Horns sneakers fit identical to Common Projects. At the moment we don't have a 41 in the W+H Low White Perforated but we do have them in Black.

Brian

RodenGray

Reaction score
W+H Shoe Inventory:

Black Boots:

Brown Boots:

High Top Grey:

High Top Black:

High Top White:

Low Top White:

Low Black:

Brian

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are the Wings+Horns boots sold by Roden Gray different than those sold by other dealers? A person on styleforum and another on hyrcollective has claimed that Roden does additional distressing beyond what was originally done by Dayton/W+H. Urban legend or true? Here is one of the posts I'm talking about.... http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=378

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like it to me:
brown-boots-004.jpg

From the Roden Gray blog

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quote.

I was repeating information on hyrcollective, and seeing as hyrcollective and roden gray are pretty close, I gave the claim due credit.

Same boot with distressing.

Due to the leather, if you scuff them the much lighter colours will show underneath. Mine have already started this process.

I have mine from farinellis and would say the roden gray distressing makes them look even awesomer, I would have got them if I had not already given my word to Mauro.

RodenGray

Reaction score
Very true. One of our guys, Chris, did additional distressing using soft wet sandpaper to the boots that we received.

Originally Posted by BB1
Are the Wings+Horns boots sold by Roden Gray different than those sold by other dealers? A person on styleforum and another on hyrcollective has claimed that Roden does additional distressing beyond what was originally done by Dayton/W+H.

Urban legend or true?

Here is one of the posts I'm talking about....
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=378

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather on the black (charcoal, really) ones is already pre-distressed a little. At least it was true for the ones I had from FW08.

DeadDJ

Reaction score
Two questions regarding your Geller stock

-Do you have any Marcello frames lying around and does the discount apply?
-Will you be getting the blue leathers in?

RodenGray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
is there additional distressing on the black pairs as well?

We didn't do any additional distressing to the black boots.

RodenGray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
Two questions regarding your Geller stock -Do you have any Marcello frames lying around and does the discount apply? -Will you be getting the blue leathers in?
We don't have any Geller frames left in stock and our only shipment for Geller this season was t-shirts, glasses, and shoes. Kind of a bummer.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can I make a suggestion? If you guys do any additional distressing in-store to products in the future, would you please make that clear in this thread and also on your blog?

I don't think it's right to modify a manufacturer's product without making that totally obvious to buyers up front. How would you feel if you bought a new car from a dealer and later found out the engine had been modified by the dealer in order to give it more power?

I would assume you guys do this because you feel it makes the product look better and helps differentiate Roden from the other stores carrying the same product. If that's the case, then why not advertise this fact and explain why Roden's version is better?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
^Wings and Horns is literally 15 minutes from the Roden Gray store and everyone is obviously pretty close and know what's going on. The car analogy isn't really apt. More like you buy a new car from the dealership next to the factory and find out that they sell a version of the car that dealers nationally don't receive. Whether someone does distressing at W+H or 15 minutes away, with all parties in the know, doesn't make much difference. They're still wings + horns service boots, not "wings + horns service boots as improved upon by one of their dealers".

FiveFiveFive

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to be more clear about it, though. Most customers probably aren't expecting the products to be altered in any way, and rightly so, since it really hasn't been advertised as such in any of their blog posts.

Also, in the case of the Wings and Horns bomber, the extra wash actually affected the sizing, according to Brian. This wasn't made clear on the Roden Gray Web site; I personally didn't know about it until Brian's follow-up post to Fok's sizing recommendation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics