• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wimbledon 2009

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The slaughter is over. 6-1, 6-0. Venus had 16 winners and 1 unforced error.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
The slaughter is over. 6-1, 6-0. Venus had 16 winners and 1 unforced error.

This is part of why I don't watch women's tennis.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
if it were a Serena/Safina final it'd be like 2 mens finals this year

paraiso

Reaction score
Dementieva/Williams was a pretty good match.

paraiso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Very good. Venus slaughtered Safina. That was embarrassing.

She should get rid of that coach of hers. She plays as if she's afraid the dude is going to kick her ass. She looked terrified at the FO finals.

On the mens side I want Murray to win.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Very good. Venus slaughtered Safina. That was embarrassing.

As embarrassing as that was, it was nowhere near as embarrassing as the double bagel beatdown that Federer put on Hewitt in the US Open Finals a few years ago. But I like Venus and hope that she wins on Sat. I was so pissed that Dementieva didn't win.

paraiso

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cheessus
As embarrassing as that was, it was nowhere near as embarrassing as the double bagel beatdown that Federer put on Hewitt in the US Open Finals a few years ago. But I like Venus and hope that she wins on Sat. I was so pissed that Dementieva didn't win.

She had Serena at match point and blew it. When Serena's serve is working there aren't too many that can beat her.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^^2004... 6-0, 7-6, 6-0. Fed was pretty ridiculous back then.

Gut feeling Roddick v Federer in the finals.

But my head tells me the smart pick would be Federer-Murray with Federer coming out on top.

Roddick has been in excellent form pretty much all year and so has Murray, itll be interesting to see what both bring to the table.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
Gut feeling Roddick v Federer in the finals. But my head tells me the smart pick would be Federer-Murray with Federer coming out on top. Roddick has been in excellent form pretty much all year and so has Murray, itll be interesting to see what both bring to the table.
I have the gut feeling that it's gonna be a Fed-Roddick final (see the first post). It is one thing to chase history in a final against a Soderling at the FO and another thing against a Roddick at Wimbledon. Soderling at the FO was a once in a career thing, I'm sad to say. And it is on his worst surface nonetheless. For Federer, the pressure was all about getting to the finals. Here against Roddick, Federer is playing him on his best surface arguably. And though he has some ridiculous record against him, like 12-2, Roddick has always played him close and tough, especially in Wimbledon. Don't let the fact that Federer has beaten him 3 times at here in straight sets twice, I believe, fool you. Roddick is playing better now than before, while Federer is playing worse than before. And with this added pressure, Wimbledon seems ripe for Roddick to steal. But first he has to get past Murray, which may make this whole post useless. Anyway, I give him a 50% chance to win. He has to attack more by serving and volleying. If he tries to initiate rallies with Murray he will get swept. He's probably going to have to serve 30+ aces, but that's totally within the realm of possibility for him. My only worries are that Roddick is still tired from his match with Hewitt and that he may get mentally derailed if the first set doesn't end well. The crowd will be pretty respectful in my opinion because the Brits really like him, but will turn on him quickly if he loses his cool. I hope that this is gonna be epic.

Lachy

Reaction score
I don't think Roddick is too tired from the match against Hewitt. They had the day off, and Roddick is used to 5 setters, he's fitter than ever before and thanks to his weight loss, matches take less of a toll on his body. However, I can see the Murray match going to 5, if Roddick is to win, and that WILL tire him out for Federer.

I don't think it's Roddick's ability that let's him down against Federer, it's his confidence. Also, their track record boots Fed's confidence. I'd love to see Roddick beat Fed in the final, but not only do I not think he would, I don't think he'll even get the chance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads