• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I was drinking and E-Baying last night and I pulled the trigger on an absurd RLPL brown nailhead 3 piece DB suit with lapels that practically reach the shoulders. I am either going to look smashing in it, or like a complete tool. I am thinking the second.
crackup[1].gif

We will see.

Vodka on the rocks and E-Bay do NOT MIX.

Keep your eye on the B&S in the near future.
rotflmao.gif

Mike

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it will rock! Alcohol never made anyone do something they didnt want to do (somewhere deep down)!

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
I think it will rock! Alcohol never made anyone do something they didnt want to do (somewhere deep down)!

LOL, tell me about it.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Well, I was drinking and E-Baying last night and I pulled the trigger on an absurd RLPL brown nailhead 3 piece DB suit with lapels that practically reach the shoulders. I am either going to look smashing in it, or like a complete tool. I am thinking the second.
crackup[1].gif
We will see. Vodka on the rocks and E-Bay do NOT MIX. Keep your eye on the B&S in the near future.
rotflmao.gif
Mike

You will like it . Get the DB attitude.

Montauk

Reaction score
I was flirting with that suit myself! Very nice--enjoy!

crackup[1].gif

We will see.

rotflmao.gif

Mike

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk
I was flirting with that suit myself! Very nice--enjoy!

It is a nice one, but those enormous lapels have me concerned. I love DBs, but at only 5-9, I should be looking for one that doesn't make me look wider. LOL.

We will see!!

Mike

Montauk

Reaction score
Fear not. It's those anemic skinny lapelled DBs one sees around these days that should be avoided.

The harder element to pull off is going to be wearing that lapelled vest under those coat lapels. It's the sartorial equivalent of a deep-fried Mars bar. You may just have to resign yourself to working the tool angle there ;-)

It is a nice one, but those enormous lapels have me concerned. I love DBs, but at only 5-9, I should be looking for one that doesn't make me look wider. LOL.

We will see!!

Mike

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
crackup[1].gif

We will see.

rotflmao.gif

Mike

not sure this is wide enough

3074_1_sbl.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Perfect.
thumbs-up.gif

Don't listen to this man. He will lead you astray.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the one!!!
crackup[1].gif

The fabric looks really nice on the one closeup where I was able to see it.

As far as the vest....well, I may be able to wear that one or two days a year in New Orleans without roasting. I would say it will be worn sans vest most of the time. It all depends on how this thing fits me. I am not a narrow guy.

We shall see!

Mike

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads