• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajchen
somatoform - here's some additional information on the Weekender kit:

Yes, the duffel bag is made by Beckel Canvas, but we had to buy the fabric ourselves, source some new leather hides (via our friends at Tanner Goods) to have the tan leather accents, and buy upgraded hardware. The Weekender kit also includes a custom toiletry bag and a Dickson Hairshop x 3sixteen toiletry kit (retail $50) as well as a shoulder strap that also has upgraded hardware. As for pricing, we're still trying to work it out as it's not yet available, but we are going to hope for something in between $200 and $220 retail. One last challenge that we faced in working with Beckel is that they don't provide much of a discount for quantity manufacturing, so we weren't able to pass the savings onto the retail customer.

All things said, yes - for $50 you can get a really nice bag directly from them. No doubt about that. Ours costs quite a bit more but we did our best to upgrade it to a much better bag (both aesthetically and materials-wise), and we wanted to price it in line with everything else we're making, and give our retailers a little room to make some money on it. Either way, you can't really go wrong. We're pretty sure there are going to be a lot of people who like our version of the duffel bag.

Thanks for checking it out, everyone.

Thanks for that response. No doubt your bag is much nicer (color combo wise) and you're right about the extra costs for the travel kit and shoulder straps.

I was referring more to how when you see (roughly) the same product pre-collab it plays with your mind in the sense of questioning how much you want to pay for the bag (bare minimum) vs the same bag (with aesthetic and structural perks, and branding).

I don't think your price is too much for this bag, market-wise. I wouldn't think APC's bags are too expensive, but if I saw what APC's bags were coming from I would probably say the same thing.

Hopefully you guys can make it $200; I think I would buy the 3sixteen weekender set, assuming I can buy it online.

PeterParker

Reaction score
ec3cb682b300629a0e77582.jpg
c64d4c3b95dd4874b8b5e66.jpg
b7bea3c976330d981723f37.jpg
8ad8b1c1156931c1b5b264cm.jpg
Courtesy of Extra Butter: http://extrabutterny.com/blog/2009/0...-deck-chukkas/

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajchen
Yes, the duffel bag is made by Beckel Canvas, but we had to buy the fabric ourselves, source some new leather hides (via our friends at Tanner Goods) to have the tan leather accents, and buy upgraded hardware. The Weekender kit also includes a custom toiletry bag and a Dickson Hairshop x 3sixteen toiletry kit (retail $50) as well as a shoulder strap that also has upgraded hardware. As for pricing, we're still trying to work it out as it's not yet available, but we are going to hope for something in between $200 and $220 retail. One last challenge that we faced in working with Beckel is that they don't provide much of a discount for quantity manufacturing, so we weren't able to pass the savings onto the retail customer.

Is this going to be a single color run? Before this came up I was looking at that dark olive (otter?) color that Filson makes that looks so good after age.

Halcyon

Reaction score
Fit pics of my ST-100x that I got in the mail today. These are my first pair of raw denim, so I'm pretty excited. They fit a little tight, but I'm sure they'll stretch out.

st100x.jpg

st100x2.jpg

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Fit pics of my ST-100x that I got in the mail today. These are my first pair of raw denim, so I'm pretty excited. They fit a little tight, but I'm sure they'll stretch out.

st100x.jpg

st100x2.jpg

solid fit, top block looks a little funky but it will settle i'm sure

garmis

Reaction score
Just bought the double-stranded tan bracelet. Can't wait to see the patina that develops!

JL77

Reaction score
Halcyon - Looks like a nice slim fit. Give it a week or two of wear and it will loosen up for ya.

Halcyon

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Originally Posted by Crazy
Fit looks good, how did you size?

Went true to size, which is the smallest size they had anyway.

ajchen

Reaction score
Nice pictures Josh.

After 150+ men groped and stroked my personal Quoddy shoes at the Pop Up Flea, I finally devirginized them today. It was worth the wait.

HOT Sriracha

Reaction score
Recently purchased a pair of the Slim black coated in size 30 from the blackbird sale, wish I can exchange and get a 31. They are a little too slim for my liking, so if anyone is interested, I can give them to you at cost of what I got from blackbird at 40% off retail. The denim is really good. Great job by 3sixteen again.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is there that much of a difference in the size of the bracelets? Self Edge has a small and large size listed, whereas 3Sixteen's own Web store has the product marked as "one size."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads