• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by superfans124
this isn't what I drive now, but the last car I used to drive, and since I've moved to a metropolitan city where public transportation is easier, I don't drive anymore
frown.gif

My brother spent lat summer building one of those with some decent power. Smashed it up last winter. Short life for his MR2

Unless I change my mind I am pretty dead set on getting a 2010 XKR in 6 months. It's a little pricey but I work hard and think I deserve it.
laugh.gif

2010xkrlive_01_opt.jpg

Germanicus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
My brother spent lat summer building one of those with some decent power. Smashed it up last winter. Short life for his MR2

Unless I change my mind I am pretty dead set on getting a 2010 XKR in 6 months. It's a little pricey but I work hard and think I deserve it.
laugh.gif

2010xkrlive_01_opt.jpg

Nice, great car! The new V8 is a cool enigine.

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Germanicus
Nice, great car! The new V8 is a cool enigine.

Yep I am waiting for the new motor(510hp) for 2010. I am however taking a drive up to Monticello this weekend to test drive the new XFR and XKR on the race track.

xpress

Reaction score
Yep I am waiting for the new motor(510hp) for 2010. I am however taking a drive up to Monticello this weekend to test drive the new XFR and XKR on the race track.

I'm .... very .... very jealous

Take a lap for me!

Germanicus

Reaction score

Sounds good, have fun. Don't forget to turn the traction-control off!!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Lexus ES330 with Mark Levinson sound system and GPS. Not sexy but a great car.

Does it still have a cassette deck? When we were shopping for my wife's next lease, 12/07, we were amazed that the Lexus we were looking at for her had a cassette deck!

turboman808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by xpress
I'm .... very .... very jealous

Take a lap for me!

Turned into one of the coolest days I have had this year. I am really in love with the XKR. The car is just a beast when you want it to be and can be a everyday car as well. Did some laps and got the hang of the car right away. Computers keep it planted no matter how bad of driver you are. I admit to being one of those guys who makes fun of traction control but after doing 10 grand in damage to another sports car I see traction control as asshole insurance. I drive like an asshole and it keeps me from wrecking.

Girlfriend loved the XKR as well. That was until she rode in it. The power and getting thrown around was really making her sick. We took the XKR and XFR on the street and still the same think. It really pushes you back in your seat and she was getting car sick.

So after that we started talking about how she didn't really like it and how she was concerned that if I get her a porsche cayman next summer it would be the same thing. I assured her the cayman doesn't have near as much power and she could control it. Well it just so happened someone there had a cayman and next thing you know she was in the cayman taking it on the track. She really liked it and had a good time driving on a race track for her first time.

Lot's of other fun stories that day, including following a professional drifter(forget his name) 30 feet off his bumper for a few laps, but this would get pretty long.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the IS250?

Petyot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bawlin
Anyone have any experience with the IS250?

I tried it... and I bought the Infiniti G37x. Much more powerful with the same level of luxury!

You should really try the Infiniti before taking any decision on the IS250.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Does it still have a cassette deck? When we were shopping for my wife's next lease, 12/07, we were amazed that the Lexus we were looking at for her had a cassette deck!

Cassette deck is key, it's how I play my ipod in all my cars

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laugh.gif

2010xkrlive_01_opt.jpg

Is this a new Ford Taurus?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Cassette deck is key, it's how I play my ipod in all my cars

I seem to remember you have a car with the pony...but your other cars...all classics? I mean, no aux or iPod interface?

Either way, I don't think Lexus had that there for iPod functionality!

So who is getting ready to lease a new vehicle? Current residuals and lack of factory sponsored leases are driving me crazy! I'm trying to down grade my ride drastically, and can't believe the lease prices I'm getting. A Honda Pilot, yes Honda Pilot, touring package, 4x4...$740 a month on a 36 month! Toyota Sequoia, Platinum level? Just the monthly depreciation is 1k! (and Toyota isn't even offering an attractive money factor).

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
So who is getting ready to lease a new vehicle? Current residuals and lack of factory sponsored leases are driving me crazy! I'm trying to down grade my ride drastically, and can't believe the lease prices I'm getting. A Honda Pilot, yes Honda Pilot, touring package, 4x4...$740 a month on a 36 month! Toyota Sequoia, Platinum level? Just the monthly depreciation is 1k! (and Toyota isn't even offering an attractive money factor).
Check out http://www.ridewithg.com/ . The site's proprietor highlights good lease deals every month.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten
A five-speed Lexus IS300 with limited slip differential. Really, the only Lexus with any balls and handling after the SC300, that is until the IS-F came out.

Not that I don't think the original IS was a great car, but how can you say that a car with 215hp has "balls." It handles, for sure, but 215hp has never given anything weighing more than about 2,000 lbs "balls."

Myself, I drive an '04 Mazda RX-8. Its not very fast and it gets the shittiest gas mileage of anything I've ever driven, but its handling is sublime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads