• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"Necessary" Sport Coats:

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
What size do you normally wear Moo? The jacket itself is nice. Do you feel snugness around the shoulders/upper arms? While I don't think the shoulders are too big, the fit looks a bit off, but not because it is too tight either. Trying to put my finger on it.

Originally Posted by yachtie
Me too. It seems "squished" somehow but I can't put my figure on it either. I like the fabric though.

All this hard work for nothing:

moofoofed.jpg

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
What size do you normally wear Moo? The jacket itself is nice. Do you feel snugness around the shoulders/upper arms? While I don't think the shoulders are too big, the fit looks a bit off, but not because it is too tight either. Trying to put my finger on it.

I'm a 44/45/46 depending on maker. I'm currently losing weight, so I may be a 43/44/45 now. It has very high arm holes and I have greater than average sized arms, so it's a tad tight but not uncomfortably so.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ok. i remember now. it''s the gaping at the chest.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^ok. i remember now. it''s the gaping at the chest.

And the short length. And the high button stance. And the too-spread-apart patch pockets.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
And the short length. And the high button stance. And the too-spread-apart patch pockets.

of course. i meant those too.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Diavolo
Those jackets are very nice. Do you have a similar summer collection?

summer in San Francisco is a relative thing
tounge.gif

l-r: Adriano & Sons herringbone, Loro Piana corduroy, Borrelli brown linen, Corneliani unlined wool/linen blend
IMG_1967.jpg

with flash
IMG_1966.jpg

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I like it.
smile.gif
The gaping is less now that I've lost a bit of weight.

Maybe, but the other problems will remain. No matter how much thinner you get, it will be too short and the buttoning point will be too hgih.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Maybe, but the other problems will remain. No matter how much thinner you get, it will be too short and the buttoning point will be too hgih.

I know, and you'll never like it or think it looks good. I can live with that. Can you?
tounge.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
I know, and you'll never like it or think it looks good. I can live with that. Can you?
tounge.gif

Hey, I'm not the one wearing the wretched rag. If you're happy with it, that's all that matters--to you. But because I care about this community and the promotion of un-ugly odd jackets, I will continue to hunt down your posts supporting this abomination and counter them with acute, unabashed hate. If you see the light one day, that will just be icing on the cake. Believe it or not, I care about your soul, too.

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
summer in San Francisco is a relative thing
tounge.gif

l-r: Adriano & Sons herringbone, Loro Piana corduroy, Borrelli brown linen, Corneliani unlined wool
IMG_1967.jpg

Thank You. Also nice. I understand unlined white linen might be a bit much for SF. Love the blue and browns.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal_1
IMG_1967.jpg

These are perfectly nice and nobody with any taste will ever fault them, but it seems to me that odd jackets should be more . . . odd. Assuming you wear both suits and odd jackets, it's nice for there to be a strong distinction between them. In the case of your selections, the differences are limited to slightly coarser cloth and brighter colors.

Still, if your style leans toward the more quiet, and particularly if you wear bigger shirt patterns, these are great. I wear the same shirts with everything, so I require my jackets to do really change the tone of my outfits.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Many good suggestions so far.

Also worth considering would be a speckled, variegated blue or brown Donegal, and a tan camel hair or cashmere.

The classic Brooks Brothers odd jackets would be a navy hopsack blazer, a brown and/or grey herringbone tweed, and a tan camel hair. What was true then remains true.

- B

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are perfectly nice and nobody with any taste will ever fault them, but it seems to me that odd jackets should be more . . . odd. Assuming you wear both suits and odd jackets, it's nice for there to be a strong distinction between them. In the case of your selections, the differences are limited to slightly coarser cloth and brighter colors. Still, if your style leans toward the more quiet, and particularly if you wear bigger shirt patterns, these are great. I wear the same shirts with everything, so I require my jackets to do really change the tone of my outfits.
Uh oh. We have a more foo than foo foo.
img1967f.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads