• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmond_evo6
P1080513.jpg

here is whiskey tanker boots from hong kong tassles.

Price?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What turned me off was the vibrant colour - I like the vibrant cigar, the rovello, but couldn't live with the #8.

Those pictures changed my mind. Its rather wearable once its started developing.

Those indy's look fantastic - that just added more to the list for next year.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My cordovan Indys, let me show you them.

Black, whiskey, #8.
cordoindys.jpg

The whiskey ones showed up today straight from Honolulu.
whiskyindy.jpg

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
How does whiskey age? I've seen a few scattered posts mentioning that it looks great as it ages. I've seen a few more observing that it actually doesn't develop as nice a patina as the darker colors. There isn't enough pics of well worn whisky in the forum or on the 'net in general. A few days ago I turned up a pic of some well worn whiskey longwings (alliteration not intentional) and the truth was they didn't look as phenomenal as I hoped or expected from a rare, expensive cordovan shoe. At least not in the photographs. I would love see some thrashed, super-soft, highly developed whiskeys at the peak of their beauty.
From AAAC:
Originally Posted by Tom Rath
Whiskey - on the left, a 3 year old pair of longwings. In the center, a 2 year old pair of LHS, and on the right, a 1 year old pair of NST oxfords. They have all darkened significantly over time:
P1010072.jpg
More whiskey - on the left, same pair of longwings as above, and to the right, chukkas, 5 years old
P1010073.jpg

hangten

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
The whiskey ones showed up today straight from Honolulu.
whiskyindy.jpg

Were these announced anywhere for preorder? How did I miss these?

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Tom desires, he can disclose how he opted to place orders for these Whiskey Indy boots

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
If Tom desires, he can disclose how he opted to place orders for these Whiskey Indy boots

Sure, I did open it up to my pre-order mailing list but then got bombarded by about 60 emails from people I've never spoke to in the past. Apparently word was being spread over various forums. I got an email from Africa for pete's sake! I even got one guy who told me he'd "take 3 pair off my hands."

After that, I decided to just give my sales people the opportunity to contact their customers of their choice. I then offered the remaining few pairs to people who have a long history dealing with me.

Yes, it sounds Shoe-Nazi-ish. You can start the flaming now...

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the whiskey pics, videocrew.

The longwings seem to have aged the nicest, imo. The chukka's look good too.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Tassels in Hong Kong have a web site?

edmond_evo6

Reaction score
hi tom,does tanker and indy have different stitch?
i saw the tanker have two stitch at the edge,indy have only one?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, those whiskey shots are great.

Cordovan looks so much better then calf, a few years down the road.

I can see why people are Alden fanatics.

Longwings, Boot Longwings, Indy's, Chukka,s

The list goes on...

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL
Sure, I did open it up to my pre-order mailing list but then got bombarded by about 60 emails from people I've never spoke to in the past. Apparently word was being spread over various forums. I got an email from Africa for pete's sake! I even got one guy who told me he'd "take 3 pair off my hands." After that, I decided to just give my sales people the opportunity to contact their customers of their choice. I then offered the remaining few pairs to people who have a long history dealing with me. Yes, it sounds Shoe-Nazi-ish. You can start the flaming now...
This sounds a lot like the way business used to be done before Walmart and Best Buy. And I do not think service has gotten better. I think people appreciate this or at least recognize it.

Oxnard

Reaction score
I don't think there is any shoe-nazi-ish about that at all, and I am sure most others on here would agree with me. Makes sense really given the rarity of whiskey, cigar, and revello cordovans. Those Indy & Tanker boots look very nice in the Whiskey cordovan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads