• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Balmoral Boots

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MI-6
I have posted pics up on my photobucket account. http://photobucket.com/MI-6

When you mouse over the thumbnail pics a box will pop up, copy the bottom link that begins with and paste here. Then you have posted a pic:

[IMG]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac353/MI-6/New%20Balmoral%20Boots/IMGP0786.jpg

Imakeyourshoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyoneill
So who does everyone think this guy used to work for? EG was my bet, but that sole treatment is rather bizarre.
I used to work with him, I know where hes worked and where he is now, he has done quite well it seems

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imakeyourshoes
I used to work with him, I know where hes worked and where he is now, he has done quite well it seems

The suspense is killing me.
dozingoff.gif

Imakeyourshoes

Reaction score
Well what would you prefer? Loake or Lobb? You're a fool then if you believe that two candidates both with thirty years experience in the same business would have the same skill. Yet one had worked at a superlative shoe maker, renowned worldwide and obviously soaking up the business ethos and experience accrued with that, the other had all the experience accumulated from working at a lower tier shoemaker. This is like saying for example, as a business hiring a new employee that you didn't care which University a person graduated from, as long as they both held the same degree. What nonsense.
you are so wrong, people from loakes are working at lobb, if you think the company determines the skill level youre very mistaken, time spent on operations determines ability, its only muscle memory, workers change company often, and not only going up in terms of shoe price, the quality of the shoe is laid out on the ticket, everything is specified according to buyers preference and material costs there are people from dr. martens working at lobbs and greens, what do you say to that?

petitnoblesse

Reaction score
you are so wrong, people from loakes are working at lobb, if you think the company determines the skill level youre very mistaken, time spent on operations determines ability, its only muscle memory, workers change company often, and not only going up in terms of shoe price, the quality of the shoe is laid out on the ticket, everything is specified according to buyers preference and material costs

there are people from dr. martens working at lobbs and greens, what do you say to that?

+1 Bravo sir.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
When you mouse over the thumbnail pics a box will pop up, copy the bottom link that begins with and paste here. Then you have posted a pic:

[IMG]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac353/MI-6/New%20Balmoral%20Boots/IMGP0786.jpg

I now see the blobbiness some ppl saw earlier.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're a fool then if you believe that two candidates both with thirty years experience in the same business would have the same skill.

Yet one had worked at a superlative shoe maker, renowned worldwide and obviously soaking up the business ethos and experience accrued with that, the other had all the experience accumulated from working at a lower tier shoemaker.

This is like saying for example, as a business hiring a new employee that you didn't care which University a person graduated from, as long as they both held the same degree. What nonsense.

you are so wrong, people from loakes are working at lobb, if you think the company determines the skill level youre very mistaken, time spent on operations determines ability, its only muscle memory, workers change company often, and not only going up in terms of shoe price, the quality of the shoe is laid out on the ticket, everything is specified according to buyers preference and material costs

there are people from dr. martens working at lobbs and greens, what do you say to that?

Originally Posted by petitnoblesse
+1 Bravo sir.

+2 Sooner or later, someone had to set him straight!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
I now see the blobbiness some ppl saw earlier.

blobby? wow... i think it's not as sleek as a corthay, but it has that french styling to it. I think it looks great personally, although it would be a step up with lasted boot trees and the ankle length looks quite long...

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I agree that it looks sleek. I think there's a touch more height volume that say an EG or JL, but the shape is very nice. I also like the ankle length for this kind of style. Can't wait for mine to be ready!

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
... Can't wait for mine to be ready!
+1 I must keep calm and wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads