• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J lasts

tsasls

Reaction score
Does anyone know which last is wider,337 or 325?

Avebury

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Hi Guys,

A couple of 'Wanderers'... (a UK pun....apologies to everyone else)
Which finish do you prefer?

Crockett & Jones "Bolton" Chestnut (236 last)

Picture238.jpg
[/IMG]

Crockett & Jones "Bolton" Tan Scotch Grain (236 last)

Picture259.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham

The "Bolton", chestnut, 236, has it I think. Actually, I've always thought that scotch grain leather looks far better in darker shades of brown. The Tan Burnished has always, for me, been a bit 'loud'. It looks a tad like reptile skin, which is very off putting. I say this as a former owner. A better colour would be burgundy or chestnut brown. I hesitate to say dark brown, which is in vogue at the moment, as it is a curiously dull colour. The counterpart of black really. Chestnut and burgundy would work well: as burgundy ages, red hues and tones come through and as chestnut ages darker hues and tones come though. Both would work well with grain.

serce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsasls
Does anyone know which last is wider,337 or 325?

In my experience (boots Coniston) 325 is wider than 337.

jcc123

Reaction score
348 works for me. I have narrow heels so, for example, on the 341 last my heels will slip. I also have a slightly wider foot (between D and E) with very little arch. My toes are spaced wide so I usually require larger toe box. I tried on a few last that the manager at C&J here in NY thought that would fit my feet but it turns out that the 348 fit best even though it's suppose to be for narrower feet. So my advice is to go try it out before you buy.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone let me know how the 236 last specifically the Connaught fits in terms of US sizing...?

is a Connaught in UK 9.0 a true US 9.5 ?

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Can anyone let me know how the 236 last specifically the Connaught fits in terms of US sizing...?

is a Connaught in UK 9.0 a true US 9.5 ?

anyone
cry.gif
cry.gif
butbut.gif

Smahatma

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones Chukka boot in Cedar with medallion (almost certain it is on the348 last
IMG_3058.jpg
[/IMG]

Good lord, so beautiful. MUST HAVE. Edgeware meets Tetbury. Edgebury.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crockett & Jones "Concord" 348 last dainite rubber sole

jan24001.jpg
[/IMG]

jan24004.jpg

Regards,

Graham

Lovely elegant shoe Graham
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads