• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My neighbor is nuts.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't you just wake up at say 4:00am, step out side and fire a shotgun? The smell of gun powder should serve as a deterant.

(Yeah, I saw where firing a weapon could get you in trouble but that's why you should do it at 4:00am)

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a comparison, yesterday a story in the local news was about a moose that got stuck in a suburban neighbourhood up here. Police and Fish and Wildlife officers tranquilized it and took it out to the mountains.

Here's a quotation from a resident. I think it reflects common sentiment toward wildlife in my area, as compared to some of the comments from posters in this thread. Speaking about moose, deer, coyotes, etc. entering city areas:

"It's never been a problem. We're the ones infringing on its territory."

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
I think you did a good thing, in his mind he may hate deers or other animals for what ever reason (eating flowers whatever) and to be honest that is his right, his mind is his own world.

However, his body is in my world and I think its bad to hurt something that has no bad intentions, I would have stopped him as well.

Good on you

eqpablon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
^I must really be going down hill; I'm even on a noob's ignore list...

Sorry asshole, I didn't read the entire thread. Like most women who get upset over nothing, I'm sure you'll get over this in time.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is where bottle rockets come in handy. For him to shoot at deer and you to shoot at him.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eqpablon
Sorry asshole, I didn't read the entire thread. Like most women who get upset over nothing, I'm sure you'll get over this in time.

Noob violence is on the rise.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
This is where bottle rockets come in handy. For him to shoot at deer and you to shoot at him.

nice finale, like a bambee meets tarantino movie

TheGreek

Reaction score
I would have shot it, perfectly legal in NY if its on your own property. Venison is the best meat! Thank God for the NRA!

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheGreek
I would have shot it, perfectly legal in NY if its on your own property. Venison is the best meat! Thank God for the NRA!

USA USA USA USA

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fulcannelli
I think you did a good thing, in his mind he may hate deers or other animals for what ever reason (eating flowers whatever) and to be honest that is his right, his mind is his own world.

However, his body is in my world and I think its bad to hurt something that has no bad intentions, I would have stopped him as well.

Good on you

What the hell happened to you, Fulcannelli? Its like you're a gay druid now or something.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
What the hell happened to you, Fulcannelli? Its like you're a gay druid now or something.

LOL, i know, I re-read this and its pathetic. Ill man up and return to normal service. thanks for the cop on.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fulcannelli
LOL, i know, I re-read this and its pathetic. Ill man up and return to normal service. thanks for the cop on.

Just blame it on the weed. Thats what I always do.

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
Just blame it on the weed. Thats what I always do.

Thanks for the Sig

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
to echo previous statements...deer are a nuisance

I could post a similar thread about my neighbor who was nuts because she used to feed the deer (she literally had plastic flowers in her garden so its not like having them around would destroy anything she cared about). It is illegal to feed deer, at least in our area, and the police instructed her to stop.

The guy isnt abusing the deer...he is actually probably helping them. Chasing them the **** out of his yard with a broom will probably teach the little deer to be scared of humans as it well should be.
Actually hurting the deer would be bad but non damaging rock tossing or stick swinging is not a problem and saves you from having to call animal control over a deer problem (they will come fix your deer problem...often the same way hunters do it)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads