• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
meh. its nice but black leather is zzzz
I concur. Plain black leather is boring. So many other great options. I find that matte colours just look better in casual fits. The age old adage of the finer, the shinier, the more formal really hits home for me. I want charcoal or grey suede / nubuck quoddy blucher and penny loafers for spring summer here, I hope they can do it. For me, I think aldens best models are thier suede chukka and thier Indy boot, for casual wear. Dress is another story. Toms cordovan plaza wingtip boots are awesome, and are on my hit list for next year.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahk1979
what are the brogues that are on the floor in that first picture.
Alden blucher wingtips for J. Gilbert. http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index...ng_Tip_219.htm
Originally Posted by Razele
I want charcoal or grey suede / nubuck quoddy blucher and penny loafers for spring summer here, I hope they can do it.
FWIW, I don't think I remember seeing either of these two in Alden's leather swatches.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whiskey indy boots at Leather Soul:

t1m.jpg

I think I prefer #8 or black instead though.

Originally Posted by ahk1979
thanks, they look great. you like them?
Well enough.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Whiskey indy boots at Leather Soul:
t1m.jpg
I think I prefer #8 or black instead though. Well enough.

Looks like my dogs already got to the sole or did they come pre-chewed - an affectation?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That crimping on the welt is called 'wheeling' I believe - it's a detail you will find on finer shoes.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Looks like my dogs already got to the sole or did they come pre-chewed - an affectation?
Affectation. I think they would have looked better with the regular reverse welt that's found on other indy boots and commando soles.
Originally Posted by Dewey
does anyone recognize the last of this BB alden shoe:
290hbrown4.jpg

Hampton or Grant last maybe? The Alden for BB shoes are usually true to size in my experience, with the exception of the leisure handsewns.

lowrider

Reaction score
DSC_3517.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

DSC01773.jpg

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ haha I suggest you get on Tom's mailing list, I ordered the boots almost 6 months ago. Definitely worth the wait and money.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

I'll have quite a few orders going through for next year I believe.

Shame you can't get whiskey or revello outside of the shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads