• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
do I need to seriously explain this?

first off while some fused designer suits might be very ******, there are many that aren't (thus your assumption that a fused suit is automatically of poor quality). while there might be a difference in the long run, after years of frequent wear, this doesn't really matter for most of the posters in this forum who are buying the suits, because they aren't wearing the suit very often, or, if they are, would rather have 5 years of looking stylish than 50 years of looking dowdy.

this forum values fit and value more than pure quality. there are many well made pieces that I would never because they fit and look like ****.

and, just like in shoes, quality in a suit (and desirability) is determined by much more than construction.

And that has what to do with construction of shoes?

Obviously the RAF suit isn't a total piece of crap, I really made the comment because I don't understand the love of fused suits/jackets here.. Anyways I am going to quit ******** this thread, and only post on topic in my other one

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
And that has what to do with construction of shoes?

Obviously the RAF suit isn't a total piece of crap, I really made the comment because I don't understand the love of fused suits/jackets here.. Anyways I am going to quit ******** this thread, and only post on topic in my other one

people love fused jackets because they are affordable, fit very well, and suit their needs, not because they are fused. if there was a fully canvassed alternative that cost and fit the same, most people would take that

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And you are insulting the quality of the boots I purchased why? (This is the question I am trying to get you to answer)

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
*sigh* my point was that john lobb shoes are much nicer than those. they are also much more expensive. yet you bought the sergants. obviously you weighed the pros and cons of these differences and decided in favor of spending far less money for a passable product that will suit your needs fine. just like people who are buying fused suits.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't matter anymore someone claimed my size. I was leaning toward not getting it. But if it happened to be a quality suit that was more blue than black (so more navy) and had other specs to my liking I probably would have snagged it for $500.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys are forcing me to buy something and post pictures just so I can stop the nonsense going on.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
You guys are forcing me to buy something and post pictures just so I can stop the nonsense going on.

You pick the RAF suit up Deuce?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah. I might pick up some raf shirts though. I'm size "fat guy" so I can wait a day or so and sleep on it.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
Nah. I might pick up some raf shirts though. I'm size "fat guy" so I can wait a day or so and sleep on it.

how does raf shirting fit?

connor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
two tacos pastor (one eaten pre-pic), one chicken taco. with everything and a mountaind dew (no vis)
3660310725_85fd9e92d1_o.jpg

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Usually pretty slim. I'm a 52 and will always get the 54 in raf stuff.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ finally more pics of recent purchases. I should have posted my fish tacos.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
raf by raf as well? how trim is the XL rag & bone shirt on you?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
people love fused jackets because they are affordable, fit very well, and suit their needs, not because they are fused. if there was a fully canvassed alternative that cost and fit the same, most people would take that
except there are plenty. i have a black label suit in solid black that is fully canvassed and slim fitting and i bought it for $500 (and will sell it for $450--only wore it like 5 times like new). 38R. dont buy that raf suit!

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raf stuff fits pretty standard. I'm a 48 in most Euro brands and am a 48 in Raf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads