• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Champions League '08 - '09

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa
Ahhhh, Exhibit #1,000 of you dangling on d's nuts. Where are the quotes of EVERYONE else saying Spain would win. Of course I was wrong, fucktard. The entire world was wrong.

Now that I think about it, I was as wrong as you thinking Man U had a chance against Barcelona.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

I await your predictable response....

Dangling on d's nuts.
Get off my nuts homie.
Is this "American talk"? I have no idea what this means.Are you soliciting,I am married pal.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
the spanish have won so many in a row they are due for a loss.

Originally Posted by Texasmade
I don't see the USA beating Spain. We haven't performed well against top teams in the Confed. Cup.

Originally Posted by ibleedwhite
i agree. a draw would be more of a miracle.

No way they come within 2-3 goals of Spain.

you guys don't get it. spain has not lost in like a zillion matches. at this point, i wouldn't be shocked if they lost to thailand, and the u.s. is much better than thailand.

Originally Posted by daft
spain won't lose. facht.

Ahhhh, Exhibit #1,000 of you dangling on d's nuts. Where are the quotes of EVERYONE else saying Spain would win. Of course I was wrong, fucktard. The entire world was wrong.

Now that I think about it, I was as wrong as you thinking Man U had a chance against Barcelona.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

I await your predictable response....

not only were you guys wrong, but you don't even give credit where credit is due.
bigstar[1].gif

and to hell with that other thread full of poseurs who didn't bother to post in this one because they could not be bothered to care about how the u.s. plays unless it's a against a team that espn tells them they should care about. the win against 3-0 against egypt was a much more shocking victory. i saw this one coming.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not only were you guys wrong, but you don't even give credit where credit is due.
bigstar[1].gif

and to hell with that other thread full of poseurs who didn't bother to post in this one because they could not be bothered to care about how the u.s. plays unless it's a against a team that espn tells them they should care about. the win against 3-0 against egypt was a much more shocking victory. i saw this one coming.

Who you calling a poseur? I watch every single US game.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Who you calling a poseur? I watch every single US game.

i'm just pissed because not one sentence in either thread gave me credit for calling this one. i don't know why i bother posting.

i wasn't referring to you, just almost everyone in that thread who never posts about soccer but suddenly thinks this is such a big impossible win because espn hyped it up.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm just pissed because not one sentence in either thread gave me credit for calling this one. i don't know why i bother posting.

chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

i wasn't referring to you, just almost everyone in that thread who never posts about soccer but suddenly thinks this is such a big impossible win because espn hyped it up
Uhhhhhh,

A) I believe the title of this thread is Champions League 08-09, not Confederations Cup 09, or FIFA World Cup 2010. Soooooo, reading comprehension...yeahhhhh. The only reason this was brought up in this thread is because Benecios is a whiny baybee who can't let go of the fact that his team got ***** slapped in Rome, isn't that right buddy?
wink.gif

B) There's a friggin reason why it's considered an upset win.......because no one thought the team doing the upsetting would actually be able to pull it off. Why don't you check out what the oddsmakers thought of the game before it happened?? It wasn't ESPN.....it was the world.

C) I was rooting for USA all the way...I just didn't think they'd be able to do it, and if Spain and USA were playing again in a week, I'd pick Spain again. I congratulate the boys for doing what they did, but let's be real here....Spain is still by far the better team. One win does not make a quality team. Is that so hard to understand?

Be honest, would you put your money on the USA beating Spain again? Will you be putting your money on the USA doing the same to Brazil? I sure as hell wouldn't.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i wasn't referring to you, just almost everyone in that thread who never posts about soccer but suddenly thinks this is such a big impossible win because espn hyped it up.

Gotcha. I haven't been following this thread recently. I had a feeling this would happen with the game that Onyewu had against Egypt. Where the hell is this form coming from? He hasn't even been giving away careless fouls!

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will you be putting your money on the USA doing the same to Brazil? I sure as hell wouldn't.[/I]

God I hope so. The US played their worst game in 11 years against Brazil in the group stage. They better show up like tonight.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uhhhhhh,

A) I believe the title of this thread is Champions League 08-09, not Confederations Cup 09, or FIFA World Cup 2010. Soooooo, reading comprehension...yeahhhhh. The only reason this was brought up in this thread is because Benecios is a whiny baybee who can't let go of the fact that his team got ***** slapped in Rome, isn't that right buddy?
wink.gif

B) There's a friggin reason why it's considered an upset win.......because no one thought the team doing the upsetting would actually be able to pull it off. Why don't you check out what the oddsmakers thought of the game before it happened?? It wasn't ESPN.....it was the world.

C) I was rooting for USA all the way...I just didn't think they'd be able to do it, and if Spain and USA were playing again in a week, I'd pick Spain again. I congratulate the boys for doing what they did, but let's be real here....Spain is still by far the better team. One win does not make a quality team. Is that so hard to understand?

Be honest, would you put your money on the USA beating Spain again? Will you be putting your money on the USA doing the same to Brazil? I sure as hell wouldn't.

a) no it was brought up because i started posting during the u.s. v egypt match which almost everyone here ignored. check it.

b) wrong again. i said spain was due for a loss. i never the u.s. had a better team or anything like that. only that spain was due for a loss and the u.s. was more than competent enough to hand it to them.

c) you didn't think they'd be able to do it because you failed to to realize that the best team does not always win. it's very difficult to keep a long winning streak because you often lose even when you outplay the other team. a long winning streak takes a lot of luck as well as talent and spain's luck was due to run out. i wouldn't put money on the u.s. to do it again, but the circumstances are now very different, aren't they?

thanks for the cookie. i feel better now.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a) no it was brought up because i started posting during the u.s. v egypt match which almost everyone here ignored. check it.

b) wrong again. i said spain was due for a loss. i never the u.s. had a better team or anything like that. only that spain was due for a loss and the u.s. was more than competent enough to hand it to them.

c) you didn't think they'd be able to do it because you failed to to realize that the best team does not always win. it's very difficult to keep a long winning streak because you often lose even when you outplay the other team. a long winning streak takes a lot of luck as well as talent and spain's luck was due to run out. i wouldn't put money on the u.s. to do it again, but the circumstances are now very different, aren't they?

I see where you're coming from. On the other hand, you're basically saying that you played the law of averages by saying a team with a pretty historic winning streak was due. I mean, a broken clock is right twice a day, right?

I'd be much more impressed if you actually predicted a USA win because Altidore would be going up against his club teammate (Capdevila) and might know a trick or two on how to beat/outmuscle him, or that Sergio Ramos is wearing a red jersey, thus, impairing Spain's chance that much more because he sucks donkey balls, or Tim Howard would play out of his mind......so on, and so on.

But it's all gravy...I didn't see the Egypt game reference. My apologies.

thanks for the cookie. i feel better now.
You're welcome! That cookie made me hungry.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from. On the other hand, you're basically saying that you played the law of averages by saying a team with a pretty historic winning streak was due. I mean, a broken clock is right twice a day, right?

I'd be much more impressed if you actually predicted a USA win because Altidore would be going up against his club teammate (Capdevila) and might know a trick or two on how to beat/outmuscle him, or that Sergio Ramos is wearing a red jersey, thus, impairing Spain's chance that much more because he sucks donkey balls, or Tim Howard would play out of his mind......so on, and so on.

But it's all gravy...I didn't see the Egypt game reference. My apologies.

You're welcome! That cookie made me hungry.

so no one in the whole world predicted this, except me, and yet you're still not impressed? tough crowd!
laugh.gif

there was no reason for me to predict it on talent or form because, as we both agree, spain is a much better team. but i think a lot of people my age and older probably saw this one coming because the u.s. is underrated and a team with a long winning streak is always vulnerable, no matter how good they are.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to call the US underrated when they're last 3 losses they showed no heart. Beating Egypt was nice but they're not exactly a football/soccer power. Spain has guys that win Champions League titles and contend for best player in the EPL. The US has guys that can't even start on a Portuguese club. That's why no one really thought they would win.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Texasmade
It's hard to call the US underrated when they're last 3 losses they showed no heart. Beating Egypt was nice but they're not exactly a football/soccer power. Spain has guys that win Champions League titles and contend for best player in the EPL. The US has guys that can't even start on a Portuguese club. That's why no one really thought they would win.

i'm sorry to come off this way, but:
facepalm.gif

so knowing egypt had beaten italy 1-0 even though italy has guys who win world cups and players worth a ton more money than egypts', and knowing that in virtually every tournament ever played a team of lesser known players will defeat a team full of stars, and that this has been happening since futbol was invented, you still consider it a shocking upset for the u.s. to beat spain?

anyone who watches any soccer, or any sport for that matter, knows that good teams lose to lesser teams all the time. you guys are acting like this was some miracle.

every world cup that is played you'll have senegal beat france or bulgaria beating germany or costa rica beating sweden or some other result that all the papers call a huge upset. they are not huge upsets if they happen all the time.

north korea once beat italy 7-0 in the world cup. mexico has beaten brazil 5 or 6 times out of the last 10 times we've played them. argentina lost 2-0 the other day to peru i think. yet everyone buys this hype that certain countries are somehow inherently better and always have a great team and if they lose it's a shocking upset. it's all bullshit. the players know it too. i guarantee the spanish players are not shocked that they lost. they know they had an off day and the u.s. was good enough to beat them when they have an off day. that's it. off days happen.

don't buy the hype. don't look at the rankings. no one from the soccer countries gives a **** about the fifa rankings. don't listen to who the announcers say are the best. watch the games and come to your own conclusions.

this is all a round about way of saying that none of the thing you mentioned has anything to do with who will win a particular match.

/end rant

i'm going to bed.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by greekonomist
Gotcha. I haven't been following this thread recently. I had a feeling this would happen with the game that Onyewu had against Egypt. Where the hell is this form coming from? He hasn't even been giving away careless fouls!

And apparently he alrady signed with Fernebache! Argh.

Oh, speaking of which, I wonder if DeMerit (who I've always ranked highly) will be getting any offers. No clue if he's out of contract or anything, just curious. And Rico Clark.

b

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Uhhhhhh,

wink.gif

Not the cookie,AGAIN.
bored.gif
Yaaaaawn!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benecios
This news has made my summer.His attitude this season has been a disgrace,playing only for himself.

all real soccer fans are glad that the girl has left...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads