• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My neighbor is nuts.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So my foot is messed and am stuck on my couch next to a window. I look outside and see a cute baby deer waiting under a tree for its mother. How nice. I look over by my neighbors house and see this guy throwing rocks at it (like 60 years old mind you). Naturally, being an animal lover I get pissed off, but let it go because he goes inside. 30 seconds later he comes out of his house with a broom swinging it at the terrified animal not trying to scare it but do some legitimate damage. I went outside before he got a chance to connect with it and exchanged some words with him and he stopped.

I can only imagine what would happen if my dog wandered over onto his lawn.

******* Bastard.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. Deer are a nuisance and he can do as he pleases on his own property.

bach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
No. Deer are a nuisance and he can do as he pleases on his own property.

so you're saying it's ok to abuse animals, so long as it's done within the confines of your yard?

confused.gif

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach
so you're saying it's ok to abuse animals, so long as it's done within the confines of your yard?

confused.gif

Would you prefer he shot it? He'd be within his rights. I've shot squirrels that lived in my attic. I think it's perfectly justified if they are damaging your property.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bach

confused.gif

Um, no. The dude's clearly trying to scare it off. Y'all should be glad he didn't shoot as would be his prerogative.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Fail
Ha, the OP is fail. "A cute baby deer waiting for its mother?" Did you just finish watching Bambi or something?

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
BUT TEH DEER IS SO CUTE!

I seriously doubt he was going to be able to harm the deer with a broom. Those things are tough. I'm pretty surprised it didn't bolt when he threw a rock at it though, they're incredibly skittish here. They're a menace to gardens, so I would guess that's what his issue was, though really if you're in a deer area, do yourself a favour and put up a fence.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
Would you prefer he shot it? He'd be within his rights. I've shot squirrels that lived in my attic. I think it's perfectly justified if they are damaging your property.

my first thought
bambi burgers

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A beating seems unnecessary. Was it eating his flowers?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A deer is cute until its destroys your vegetation or totals your car. In many areas, the deer population is out of control and needs to be reduced through controlled hunts by the government. You should thank your neighbor for attempting to save the taxpayer some money.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was watching the deer for quite awhile. All it was doing was standing behind a tree. Doing no damage whatsoever. I even took pictures of it with my SLR. It was ******* tiny and when the guy came at it, it didnt even move. It was trapped in the corner of the yard along the fence with nowhere to go. When it was trapped the guy didnt try to move so it could run out of the corner into someone else's lawn he trapped it so he could hurt it, and he would have if his first swing didnt catch a branch next to the animal. If I didnt say something before he could swing again he would have seriously injured the animal.

It's one thing to scare the deer, I don't mind at all, but trying to beat it with the stick side of the broom is fucked up.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Don't you run a restaurant?
You should have let him have at it. Venison special for $29.95.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
Ha, the OP is fail. "A cute baby deer waiting for its mother?" Did you just finish watching Bambi or something?

No the OP didnt feel like watching a defenseless animal get beaten unnecessarily.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads