• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slam Magazine's 50 Best NBA Players

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
what's so funny fucknuts?
smile.gif

Having recently talked to various NYers about LeBron, I'm convinced y'all are out licking his nuts secretly in hope that "King" James would go to the Knicks in a few years.

I love Magic, but he'd be vulnerable to the same criticism rained upon Nash: no D. Stockton is rated too high, same w/ Duncan, albeit the latter only slightly. Boring is in I guess.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
^kidding?

i think these kinds of lists are unfair when you are comparing people who finished their careers with players who are still developing their careers.
in a few years who knows lebron will be in the top 10. we got to see them as a consummate whole and imo i think kobe should be 1 or 2 after his career is done with.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
kobe bryant should definitely be higher. perhaps 1 or 2
Srsly? Higher than Wilt, Jordan, Chamberlain, Magic, and Oscar? That's a bit too much Laker love.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think wilt redefined his position helped redefine the league IMO

Originally Posted by Slopho
Thaat far above Wilt? I think you could make an argument.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
The guy averaged 35/9/7 in the playoffs. What more could he do? Will you give him personal credit if the Cavs get him some quality supporting players and he wins a title then? Or does he have to lead four lumps of **** to a title to get credit?

A dozen of players put up dashing stats every year on bad teams too, all but a handful who later join winning systems where they put up less eyepopping numbers become forgotten. What's your point again?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm not a knicks fan, i just think lebron is that good.

Originally Posted by whacked
Having recently talked to various NYers about LeBron, I'm convinced y'all are out licking his nuts secretly in hope that "King" James would go to the Knicks in a few years.

I love Magic, but he'd be vulnerable to the same criticism rained upon Nash: no D. Stockton is rated too high, same w/ Duncan, albeit the latter only slightly. Boring is in I guess.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
A dozen of players put up dashing stats every year on bad teams too, all but a handful who later join winning systems where they put up less eyepopping numbers become forgotten. What's your point again?

That's the thing: no one has put up the numbers that he has, especially at his age. You give players individual credit when they join better teams? That's absurd. How about rating players on their individual value added?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good list. Nice to see Timmy D. getting some love. He is criminally underappreciated due to the lack of flash in his game. I would like to see Olajuwon a couple of places higher. He won two NBA titles with no other stars on his team besides an aging Clyde Drexler on the second title team. I think a lot of people undervalue these titles because Jordan was playing baseball at the time.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
That's the thing: no one has put up the numbers that he has, especially at his age. You give players individual credit when they join better teams? That's absurd. How about rating players on their individual value added?

1. Oscar Robertson

2. Basketball is a team game. Rating its participants merely on "individual value added", however flawed it is measured, is absurd.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll go:

1. mj
2. wilt
3. magic
4. bird
5. kareem
6. lbj
7. russell
8. oscar
9. duncan
10. stockton

Also Kunk, you have Stockton with no Malone? My earlier question still remains, how can you put Magic above Kareem when Magic didn't win anything without Kareem? Also, how can you put LBJ above Olajuwon?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0621_lebron_57433ex_james_b-gr_01.jpg

rolleyes.gif

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Oscar Robertson

2. Basketball is a team game. Rating its participants merely on "individual value added", however flawed it is measured, is absurd.

exactly. it's team game so you should not judge players on how many championships but how they play as individuals. if michael jordan had spent his career with the clippers, he'd have zero titles, but he would have been the same player. why penalize his legacy because of his teammates?

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
1. Oscar Robertson

The NBA averaged 27 more FGA per game in Robertson's time than it does now. Adjust for pace.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
exactly. it's team game so you should not judge players on how many championships but how they play as individuals. if michael jordan had spent his career with the clippers, he'd have zero titles, but he would have been the same player. why penalize his legacy because of his teammates?

The Bulls sucked royally during Jordan's first 10 years.

Are you even a basketball fan anyway?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
My earlier question still remains, how can you put Magic above Kareem when Magic didn't win anything without Kareem?
Wayne Gretzky never won a Stanley Cup without Mark Messier. Messier won a Stanley Cup without Gretzky. Does it follow that Messier is a greater hockey player than Gretzky?

Not saying that Kareem doesn't deserve to be above Magic, just that titles won together and apart shouldn't be the decisive factor in ranking players.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads