• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Slam Magazine's 50 Best NBA Players

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait a second. O'Neal in top 5 Abdul-Jabbar not in top 5? Abdul-Jabbar gets in for better acting alone. His scene in Airplane destroys Steel and Kazzam.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
shaq's position is a total joke. are they ******* kidding me? is a rich man's derrick coleman in terms of effort. should have been a 40/20 or 35/18 guy for his career at his size.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also don't know how Magic is ahead of Abdul-Jabbar when he couldn't win a title without Abdul-Jabbar. You could also make an argument against Jordan. Wilt averaged a triple-double one year didn't he.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Wait a second. O'Neal in top 5 Abdul-Jabbar not in top 5? Abdul-Jabbar gets in for better acting alone. His scene in Airplane destroys Steel and Kazzam.

Originally Posted by thekunk07
shaq's position is a total joke. are they ******* kidding me? is a rich man's derrick coleman in terms of effort. should have been a 40/20 or 35/18 guy for his career at his size.

Truth.

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
For doing what, exactly?

Is it a ranking of accomplishments or ability? By measures of individual ability/contribution (i.e., PER), LeBron's 2008-09 was better than anyone in NBA history not named Michael Jordan. I know it's not a ranking of top seasons, but if it's a ranking based at all on ability, LBJ should be top 10 at least.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
I hate these questions cause there is NO WAY to compare these guys.

Check it, Bob Pettit was 6'9 and 215 and dominated the league...in 1954! Playing against 8 teams of wimpy ass white dudes. His 20k points is inflated by playing in a rag tag startup league. He wouldnt be **** today or even in the 80's or 70's.

Lots of legends on that list but someone please make a real list. Todays game; players in their prime. Jordan would still be 1, then ??? Kobe, LBJ, Magic, Wilt? Dudes like George Mikan and Dolph Schayes wouldnt even play. *******, I digress

******* is right. Pettit also played in a time when much of modern basketball techniques/skills had yet to be invented. It's different down to the rules of game and equipment(he was playing on Chucks/PF Flyers, no?). Without Pettit and the like, there'd be no MJ, Kobe, or LeBron.

Originally Posted by kwiteaboy
Is it a ranking of accomplishments or ability? By measures of individual ability/contribution (i.e., PER), LeBron's 2008-09 was better than anyone in NBA history not named Michael Jordan. I know it's not a ranking of top seasons, but if it's a ranking based at all on ability, LBJ should be top 10 at least.

Get back to us when LeBron has led his team to a NBA title.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'll go:

1. mj
2. wilt
3. magic
4. bird
5. kareem
6. lbj
7. russell
8. oscar
9. duncan
10. stockton

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll go:

1. mj
2. wilt
3. magic
4. bird
5. kareem
6. lbj
7. russell
8. oscar
9. duncan
10. stockton

lol

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what's so funny fucknuts?
smile.gif

kwiteaboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
Get back to us when LeBron has led his team to a NBA title.

The guy averaged 35/9/7 in the playoffs. What more could he do? Will you give him personal credit if the Cavs get him some quality supporting players and he wins a title then? Or does he have to lead four lumps of **** to a title to get credit?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^kidding?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think more than any other sport, mj is the most clearly defined #1. list should go from 1 to 3

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think more than any other sport, mj is the most clearly defined #1. list should go from 1 to 3

Thaat far above Wilt? I think you could make an argument.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads