• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Factual errors/dumb stuff in movies that really ruin it for you

MHH89

Reaction score
I would like someone to explain to me how Forrest Gump and Forrest Jr. did not get AIDS from Jenny in the movie?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
The Matrix series' entire premise was a ridiculous violation of the laws of thermodynamics. Just ludicrous. You're going to feed, store, house, and nurse humans just to extract the electricity in brain currents? Bear Grylls strenuously exerting himself for four hours to harvest three grubs for food thinks that's stupid.

it's volume.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Errors concerning Washington, D.C. The most famous flub is probably the Georgetown subway station in No Way Out. In Along Came A Spider, the Morgan Freeman character jogs halfway across the city in five minutes.

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MHH89
I would like someone to explain to me how Forrest Gump and Forrest Jr. did not get AIDS from Jenny in the movie?

Just because someone has HIV doesn't mean they will transfer it to a partner or a baby, Also, she very well could have gotten HIV after ********** with Forrest.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most movies have really huge plot holes. Even some of the best ones.

Here are some more:

Shawshank Redemption: Not possible to make a hole and have it covered up for that long.

No Country for Old Men: Main character hit with the stupid stick.

V for Vendetta: Does V have any other helpers? Doesn't seem like it. Yet it would be impossible for him to keep the girl in that cell without helpers.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Escaping from black holes ala Star Trek.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
The mention of an ATM machine in No Country For Old Men. Wasn't it set in 1980? Granted, I was only four, but I thought those were a relatively modern invention.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
this is my favorite thread

the biggest ones for me are probably the entire premise of land of the dead. hes holding the city for ransom.. for money? why does he want money? where is he going to spend it? how would US dollars retain value in a world where anyone can loot money from the abandoned landscape? currency would not be money, but food or medicine.

also in terminator: salvation why the **** do they have lights on in the machine production facilities, and why motorcycle robots come with USB ports??

scotsman

Reaction score
The thing I notice is if the setting doesn't match. In The Firm, the Tom Cruise character graduates from law school and moves to Memphis. In real life, graduation would happen in May or June usually. As they pull up to their new house in Memphis, there are leaves in the street. Looks more like autumn. (Which is when they filmed the movie if I recall.)

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deja Vu - end of thread. Time travel was done really well in Primer, but the whole goggle-rig thing in Deja Vu was dumb.

Otherwise, the space jump scene in Sunshine was a little out there.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Wire always shows Baltimore as some kind of drug-infested shithole. In reality, Baltimore is a happy place, with smiling neighbors and streets paved with Skittles.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also, when people shoot guns indoors without ear protection and then immediately have a coveresation with someone they probably wouldn't be able to hear real well, since they just deafened themselves.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by longskate88
Deja Vu - end of thread. Time travel was done really well in Primer, but the whole goggle-rig thing in Deja Vu was dumb.

Otherwise, the space jump scene in Sunshine was a little out there.

What was wrong with the space jump? I thought it was handled pretty well, considering.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads