• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
The rest are enforced capriciously, whimsically and unfairly.
Jerk.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I don't get haganah. He's obviously an educated fellow but he's so damned abrasive, all the time, and usually for no particular reason.
Haganah is great. He has a lot of info and is very smart, but doesn't deal well with idiocy. Imagine manton with a different skillset and a lower tolerance and a saucier vocabulary.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Jerk.
bigstar[1].gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
In conference with our resident Asian moderator, his sentence has been revised to "less-than-permanent and a stern talking to".

That whole thread is a serious goatscrew now.

Can someone explain this term, where it comes from, and what special connotations it might have that make it applicable to that trainwreck of a thread?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dah328
There did seem to be an awful lot of name-calling from more than one person. It seems the ones that strike a particular nerve receive more severe punishment than others.

Yeah, I agree he's the man. It probably wasn't what he said but more who he said it to. I've seen much more racist stuff said.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Haganah is great. He has a lot of info and is very smart, but doesn't deal well with idiocy. Imagine manton with a different skillset and a lower tolerance and a saucier vocabulary.

I don't know. I like a lot of what he contributes but he's gotten very nasty with me with what I believed to be minimal provocation. Then again, I might be one of the idiots you speak of.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Good to know. I'm sure you're the only one.

Doubt it. Maybe Thomas would miss you. I've seen the fan mail he gets, enough to fill up a whole pm box weekly.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

Originally Posted by Baron
I don't know. I like a lot of what he contributes but he's gotten very nasty with me with what I believed to be minimal provocation. Then again, I might be one of the idiots you speak of.

+1. I must be an idiot, as I've provoked his ire on more than a few occasions... and I'm sort of unsure why, and it quickly devolves to, quite literally, name-calling. Even in non-CE threads.
confused.gif
I agree he's quite smart, though I have my disagreements with him, but I don't even bother to interact with him anymore because I can't get a genuine response that isn't simultaneously intended to belittle me.

Given that he's been sent to the corner twice now in ~9 months, apparently I'm not the only one who feels that way.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
No, I wouldn't mean to imply that. I was thinking of a few specific discussions, so my comments should not be read too broadly.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Can someone explain this term, where it comes from, and what special connotations it might have that make it applicable to that trainwreck of a thread?
"Goat Screw: Ever tried to screw a goat? Neither have I. But imagine the commotion and confusion and you get the idea. See also, Cluster ****." Seems to come from Marine Corps parlance.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I can't see "goatscrew" and not think "goatse." I'd post a pic, but that would land me firmly in randallr land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics