• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I Get a Bespoke DJ?

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The election closed with the first ballot, and in favor of the Moderns.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
The election closed with the first ballot, and in favor of the Moderns.

You are always at the head of the class.

And the connection to this...

PJ-AP107_pjFASH_G_20090408185406.jpg

...is?

- B

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excellent post Vox

Who were the Moderns?

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You are always at the head of the class.

And the connection to this...

PJ-AP107_pjFASH_G_20090408185406.jpg

...is?

- B

If I were a betting man and frequented, say, Belmont, or if I were a Princeton grad, or a devotee of Samuel Clemens, I might hazard a Leonard Jerome, Jennie Jerome, Winston Churchill link. But what do I know????
smile.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
If I were a betting man and frequented, say, Belmont, or if I were a Princeton grad, or a devotee of Samuel Clemens, I might hazard a Leonard Jerome, Jennie Jerome, Winston Churchill link. But what do I know????
smile.gif

We'll agree to keep it a secret.

- B

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
A true American gentleman can curse for two whole minutes without repeating himself.

Now Buff ... when I'm pushed to the limits and find myself somewhere well beyond a normal degree of anger ... I might begin repeating myself at about a minute and a half.
censored.gif
Now that little thing between this and the previous sentence repeats a bit sooner.

However, that said, I am too a gentleman ... if you say I'm not I'll bop you. Of course, I think the original line was ... "I am too a lady, if you say I'm not I'll bop you."

And yes ... that discussion of money & tailors was crass. But ... this is an Internet forum about men's clothing. I doubt anyone assumes it to be polite society ... even if once-upon-a-time I did.

And anyway ... we don't want some fellow to discover the actual dollar cost when he's on Savile Row placing his order ... or do we?
devil.gif

He'll know soon enough the true cost ... his soul.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
And yes ... that discussion of money & tailors was crass.

Not at all...the only thing that might have possibily be considered outrÃ
00a9.png
by StyleForvm standards was bringing up retail prices....but without a reference to a discount or discount code.

But, you were saved this fate by indicating that a discount could, in fact, be expected if you provided your own Tonik. Since this opens the possibility of weaving one's own, StyleForvm propriety is satisfied.

Originally Posted by RSS
He'll know soon enough the true cost ... his soul.

Too late.

- B

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Who were the Moderns?

Quite appropriate to this thread and forum: they were the opposition party to the Old Fogies.
smile.gif

note to Vox: How did you get me into this??????

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quite appropriate to this thread and forum: they were the opposition party to the Old Fogies.
smile.gif

Our Hero:

george_washington_stand.jpg

- B

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[/Colin Powell]

Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Thomas Williamson was called to testify on behalf of William E. Fourth, the candidate of the Modern party....- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
Okay ... lets assume it's now $450 a yard. Given the prices we're talking in the world of bespoke ... do you really consider that prohibitive?

Yes, it makes a big difference. Buying that myself would be more than $1,000 for a length, and the tailor does not give a very big discount for CMT. Moreover, I know that I will be pefectly happy with Smith, for which there is no upcharge, and do not want to pay several hundred dollars more for a cloth that, however nice, I can easily live without.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
When having a suit made, if I supply my own cloth, the cost of the product goes down +/- £400.

My tailor does not give a discount nearly so large.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics