• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
That looks good. What kind of crust or rub is on the fish? That picture makes me want some artichokes.

just a quick marinade of balsamic, garlic, salt and pepper. artichokes are from costco, as are the sun dried tomatoes. artichokes are great, tomatoes not so much.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meatball
Wedding soup
Linguine con Pescatore
Sausage w/ peppers

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
made beef masaman curry last night, with brown rice.

Was it any good with brown rice? I've only had Thai curry with jasmine. Masaman is my favorite.

why18

Reaction score
Stewed Duck Leg with Chestnut and Dried Shitake Mushroom

3644440524_08c2faf06c.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caribbean rice with pineapple, curry, coconut, and habanero sausage made at the 100-year-old corner grocery across the street.

Gorgonzola cheese on water crackers (extra virgin olive oil and sea salt) with a mild chianti.

Sort of treating myself while I sequester myself from the world and study for the bar exam.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why18
Stewed Duck Leg with Chestnut and Dried Shitake Mushroom

That looks incredible. What kind of duck is it? What other ingredients, etc., besides the chestnut and mushrooms?

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
Hmm...

What are the other ingredients?

low fat mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, basil, oregano

It was pretty good, especially for something that was relatively healthy.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicken piccata. I shouldn't have had 2nd. Uggh....

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Peppers prepared Macedonian style (roasted, peeled, then fried in a little bit of vegetable oil with crumbled feta cheese and egg). Doesn't look like much, but it's absolutely delicious.

piperka.jpg

why18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
That looks incredible. What kind of duck is it? What other ingredients, etc., besides the chestnut and mushrooms?

That is a good question. Asian in origin definitely, I didn't even know there are many types. The fillings are chestnut, mushroom and julienned pork belly adding the sinful touch.

I understand, deep fried or roast first, caramelized with rock sugar and then stewed in a spiced (think Cinnamon, Bay leaves, Star anise, nutmeg, cloves) soy bean based sauce.

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First attempt at pork tenderloin. I need to learn how to cook for real - some of the stuff in this thread looks amazing.
IMG_7404.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads