• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grundletaint
the internet is full of rapists

Why don't you have a seat?

JaPo

Reaction score
What do people make of these?;

clarks-originals-clarks-desert-mali.jpg

clarksm1.jpg

Obviously the second pair are approximately a thousand times more awesome. I'd never seen this 'Desert Mali' before yesterday, but it seems I'll be able to get a beige pair on the cheap. I think they strike the balance between workwear, wrestling, and desert boot quite nicely.

Doctor

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any desert boots in a size 15? The only company I've found so far that do a pair in this size is J. Shoes, but they're not quite what I'm after.

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath...

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dillardiv
how would you all feel about trying to put regular boot soles on DBs? I love the look, but prefer a normal leather sole with a wood heel. Thoughts?

I would think a good cobbler would be able to do this easily though I wouldn't be able to comment on the price. I feel like I've seen a picture of a pair that have had this done in this thread but I don't know if I am making it up.

The important thing I need to ask is why you want to do this? Is it your goal to get caught before getting the jump on your prey?

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Plus wood heels would get pretty hot in the desert.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's the best place to order some online? i was just going to go with zappos but they don't have beeswax in stock

JaPo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
I like those japo, where'd you find them?

Found a pair in my size on eBay, brother. Beige unfortunately, but I'm not going to argue.

It's very difficult to find any information on them whatsoever. The seller choked out the old 'my, uh, wife prides herself on finding rare and exclusive lines, sir' when I questioned their source.

I'll tell y'all how it pans out.

thedamnscott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor
Does anyone know if there are any desert boots in a size 15? The only company I've found so far that do a pair in this size is J. Shoes, but they're not quite what I'm after.

I normally wear a size 15 shoe, but Clarks DB in 14 fit me.

You should try em if you haven't.

percy

Reaction score
i think i am have caught the desert boot bug and am considering maybe a pair of clarks in either the wolf or cola suede. i did come across this boot by grenson though which i quite like and also comes in various shades.. any opinions on best course of action? thanks

themaskedcorndog

Reaction score
i like the standard clarks more than those grensons. plus, they are the classic. my suede pair are fairly new but are starting to wear in and looking really great. I got them size 11. I wear a size 13 in adidas as well as vans slip-ons, yet only an 11 in converse all-stars, and the clarks fit me pretty well in 11.

insideman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor

i dunno, if you can get these in a 15, I like them better than clarks
4230_0892_200.jpg

laughter95

Reaction score
these are j boots or something.. i think they're better quality but the top back edge kept chafing my calf and caused it to bleed. so i had to return them.

Doctor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by insideman
i dunno, if you can get these in a 15, I like them better than clarks

They look a little 'rugged' as opposed to casual. Maybe that's just me?

You can even get them in blue suede
bounce2.gif

pM1246cnavy.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads