• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you, drink in, 1 hour (at the, bar) ?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tonight at the bar I , drank :

1 espresso con panna, 1 Hennessy
1 ginger ale, 1 Hennessy
2 becks
1 espresso

In 1 hour, what do you usual, drink ?

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depends on the hour. Sometimes I'll make a Guinness or neat scotch last for an hour, sometimes I'll drink a couple of Crown and waters and a couple of shots, sometimes I'll go for several Jagerbombs and some kind of domestic light.

You could probably break those down into the time of night I'm drinking - Jager better not come out til after midnight, if I'm making something last it's before the bar is busy (wandering through a crowd with a Bud Light longneck > wandering with a full rocks glass), etc..

No booze at all right now.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why are you drinking so much coffee?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2-3 beers

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn vaclav on a roll recently. gin tonic or jack and coke

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night at il bar:

espresso
punch abruzzese
sanbitter
peroni

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Manhattan.

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two cocktails, usually martinis, and a glass of water.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night 6pm-7pm.
5 Stoli and Diets.

Previous night 6pm-7pm
3 Stoli and Diet, 1 Grand Marnier neat and 1 bottle of Heineken.

Went back to my apartment to detox for 2 hours with water and finished off with a night cap.

tricota

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IUtoSLU
Two cocktails, usually martinis, and a glass of water.

Exclude the water and that sounds about right. I could probably drink more, but with a lot of alcohol, comes the pain of a small bladder...

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vaclava krishna
Tonight at the bar I , drank :

1 espresso con panna, 1 Hennessy
1 ginger ale, 1 Hennessy
2 becks
1 espresso

In 1 hour, what do you usual, drink ?

In 1 hour at the bar you mix coffee, cognac, soda, and beer?

samblau

Reaction score
So many variables. With buddies I can down 3 or 4 beers or vodka drinks per hour whereas on Sat night I easily made one Old Fashioned last over an hour at the Algonquin Blue Bar (in part because they cost nearly $20!). I can drink a lot of wine/champagne in an hour but will get a massive headache. During football season I try to limit myself to 1 drink per quarter during a good game, however during the marathon noon - midnight 3 game sessions drastic measures need to be taken to ensure I get to work the following day.

I am proud to say that, although I was raised on Long Island, I have NEVER had a Jager Bomb (I have had Sake Bombs, and Irish Car Bombs, which I am told is an offensive name but I don't have an alternative), never had vodka and red bull (or red bull period) and although I eat healthy I refuse to drink most light beers, the exceptions being Amstel, Sam Adams, Yeungling, and if desperate, Miller, and even then, I always regret it and would rather have 1 or 2 real ones then 3 or 4 lights.

VacheronMD

Reaction score
1 old fashioned, 2 hefeweissens. no coffee. But espresso sounds good right now.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't at "the bar" per se unless you count the liquor cabinet at Chez NakedYoga "the bar." Anyway, got up early to do some bar review, in time to be able to take a 2-hour break and watch the Confederations Cup match between South Africa and Spain. Had 2 fresh gin & tonics (Tanqueray and Schweppes). Great middle of the day relaxation after intense studying and a heat index outside of ~105 F.

Originally Posted by samblau
During football season I try to limit myself to 1 drink per quarter during a good game . . . .

Wow. Pretty solid self-control there.

Originally Posted by samblau2
I am proud to say that, although I was raised on Long Island, I have NEVER had a Jager Bomb (I have had Sake Bombs, and Irish Car Bombs, which I am told is an offensive name but I don't have an alternative), never had vodka and red bull (or red bull period) and although I eat healthy I refuse to drink most light beers, the exceptions being Amstel, Sam Adams, Yeungling, and if desperate, Miller, and even then, I always regret it and would rather have 1 or 2 real ones then 3 or 4 lights.

You're not missing anything with respect to Jagerbombs. I think sake bombs are overrated, and I definitely had a few too many Irish car bombs on my 21st birthday. Bombs have gotten a little passÃ
00a9.png
for me (including the ones in Iraq
nest.gif
). Vodka + Red Bull sucks... but I'll admit I drank a lot of sugar-free Red Bull during exam time in law school. Amstel and Yuengling are pretty good, but I have to seriously question any consumption of Miller, whether it's High Life, Lite, Ultra Lite, etc. Your regrets are well-taken... don't give in to the piss-beer!

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NakedYoga
In 1 hour at the bar you mix coffee, cognac, soda, and beer?

I drink them, separate .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads