• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farinellis: Official Affiliate thread

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Mauro, I know I'm derailing this convo a bit, but
Originally Posted by whodini
img8674.jpg
img8673.jpg
img8664w.jpg

I'm digging these a ton. When can we expect prices and stock to arrive?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blog Marley
thanks whodini, you're always very helpful but yeah i meant JS.
By those measurements it looks like sizing down two is enough, however, they do stretch a bit. Personally, I could have gone either way in terms of sizing but after the first couple of days of wear I quickly accepted the looser, more anti-fit cut.

bdr3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dls6128
Is it 50% off denim, like stated above, or 30% (like in the e-mail)?

I would like to know this as well. kthnx.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
By those measurements it looks like sizing down two is enough, however, they do stretch a bit. Personally, I could have gone either way in terms of sizing but after the first couple of days of wear I quickly accepted the looser, more anti-fit cut.

How do JS compare to 5EP in your experience? I'm expecting "similar great quality" to be your answer.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakz
How do JS compare to 5EP in your experience? I'm expecting "similar great quality" to be your answer.
Fits aside, BMWs and Benzos. Jean Shop is a refined jean. Initially when it came out a few hailed it as the "upgraded APC" and to an extent I can understand that: riri zip, upgraded denim, Sharpied born-on date, beautiful hand-stitched/hand-stamped back patch, reinforced back pockets, selvage fly, and great hardwear but without the repro detail of back pocket rivets which some nitpick as a flaw. The denim is a nice medium weight with a wonderfully smooth hand that doesn't come off feeling like cashmere the way Spurr does; personally, I think it makes for a fine balance of authenticity and luxury. The indigo blend at first appears to be somewhat of the standard blueberry but from looking at photos of broken-in pairs it's clear that there's far more complexity below the surface:
picture2c.jpg
5EP, on the other hand, is geared towards people who have come to appreciate Japanese denim but are looking for something unique. The great hardware, great back pactch, and hidden rear rivets are all there but what you're really paying for is the indigo blend that is unlike anything else on the market. People tend to be able to justify paying for 5EP more than Jean Shop, as the prices are about the same, but other than the indigo used and rear rivets I really don't see why. They're both fantastic jeans.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fathers day sale

EVERYTHING IS 50% with these exceptions
W+H boots
APC jeans
Farinelli VS Crate jeans

NEW Rag and Bone will be on sale which you need to call or paypal at 30% off you WILL love it
red chambray selvage and a few other cool items.
We will post pics, measurements and price on the blog and on this thread!

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh wow. Maybe I should go with 29's in JS Rocker's then? I'm also a 32 in KMW 1980's. I don't want a anti-fit look.

As far as 5ep's go, I can't find a place to get them in my size. I tried a 31 and a 29 LDB at Farinelli's. 31 is too big, 29 is too small. 30 would be perfect, but they're not in stock.

puddin

Reaction score
^^^
I'm a 30 in KMW 1980s and I went with 28 in JS Rocker. They were pretty damn tight at first but have stretched a couple inches and are perfect now. I don't think I coulda buttoned a smaller pair than 28 even if they made them.

But I'd just ask Mauro's advice on sizing, he gave me good advice on buying my pair.

chanimal

Reaction score
Hey, I was hoping to buy something from the sale, I also ordered a pair of CVSF, is there any chance i can just paypal Mauro and have it shipped with the jeans, i ask only because im having it shipped from canada and was hoping to avoid the 30 dollar shipping for 1 shirt. i would call but for some reason i cant get through right now, any help would be appreciated. thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads