• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

C&J lasts

literasyme

Reaction score
Isn't the 360 the round-toe version of the 358? (Or is that the 359?) On my foot, the 358 is a little roomier than the 348, so it would make sense for the 360 to be a little less snug, too. Very tempting last!

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones "Wigmore" Natural Burnished Calf (360 last)

shoes167.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

A couple of 'Wanderers'... (a UK pun....apologies to everyone else)
Which finish do you prefer?

Crockett & Jones "Bolton" Chestnut (236 last)

Picture238.jpg
[/IMG]

Crockett & Jones "Bolton" Tan Scotch Grain (236 last)

Picture259.jpg
[/IMG]

Regards,

Graham

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
At least when you post self-promoting links, you do it with good looking pictures.

I like the scotchgrains.

Thank you for this.

I accept the self promotion 'smear' with good grace
bigstar[1].gif
...but as you have also alluded, I actually attempt to only highlight the spectrum of lasts and styles for the 'benefit' of the forum.

Regards,

Graham

Ziss

Reaction score
The 360 and 348 are just beautiful lasts. Do post more pictures!
smile.gif

Are those models new? I can't find all of them in the C&J catalogue.

ziggyosk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
What about flat feet in C&J?

Some of the C&J lasts, like the 240, are high-arched (like the Alden Barrie). If your foot is flat enough, it feels like there is something under your foot, just forward the heel.

Has anyone (besides jmonroestyle, who thinks some models of the 341 might work for flat feet) taken note of which C&J lasts are better for feet with high arches, and which lasts are better for flat feet?

I have rediculously flat feet and the 337 last fits me fine. I wear size 11E

Sunscreenboy

Reaction score
To those with a Hallam, how does it tend to fit (aside from being narrow)? I'm currently wearing AE Park Ave 7.5EEE and am thinking of getting the Hallam

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sunscreenboy
To those with a Hallam, how does it tend to fit (aside from being narrow)? I'm currently wearing AE Park Ave 7.5EEE and am thinking of getting the Hallam

The Hallam is on the 360 last, which is narrow even for some people with a US D width...I might be wrong, but the Hallam could be a very uncomfortable proposition for you....

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
The Hallam is on the 360 last, which is narrow even for some people with a US D width...I might be wrong, but the Hallam could be a very uncomfortable proposition for you....
Hallam is on the 348, not the 360...

But I agree that it's narrow.

LeicaLad

Reaction score
There was mention that the 360 was for the Japanese market, but that doesn't sound right if it is as narrow as you're making out. The Asian market tends toward the narrow(er) heel and wide (splayed) feet shape. It's one reason why the Alden modified last is so big in Japan.

In general, as with the poster above, I'm in the E to EEE range of width. US10/UK9 wide. Which, if any, of the C&J lasts will work for folk like us?

And I really do love looking at your photos! Please keep posting!

Thanks.

Sunscreenboy

Reaction score
hmm, I really like Hallem's look, so if I have a E, is there no luck for me on the 348 last?

What if I size up and wear an E?

so 7.5EEE US --->7.5F UK or 7F UK?

thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads