• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Sofa: Florence Knoll in Ivory Cato

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
are people talking about that little bump at the top right?

JacobJacob

Reaction score
Your sofa is light in its appearance, sharp, minimalistic and very nice. knoll makes"ever-green" furniture. Good choice.
I don't think you should stuff it up in the corner though. Sofas like this need as much air around them as possible.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Love the sofa. The cushions actually remind me very much of the Barcelona chair, I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same. I am more of a fan darker fabric colors, but that's only because of the wine spilling nature of the gf.

The Barcelona chair has piping between the tufts; the F. Knoll sofa doesn't. We may have re-ordered the sofa in leather if they could have done a custom order with piping for a reasonable price. The leather stitching looked really sloppy on our first sofa and piping would have covered it up.

Originally Posted by gomestar
But what is with the ridiculously barren white wall behind the sofa?? Add some color to that mofo, or stick a picture frame or other fixture there.

Our whole apartment is barren like that. We're still waiting on our goddamned coffee table and rug.

nioh

Reaction score
I like it; possibly more than in leather actually. Not sure how it's going to look with a black Laccio table though, I would have preferred less contrast, i.e. white.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pejsek
I'm sorry. This is just silly and I don't understand it. And it's not an academic question at all. I don't get the contemporary obsession with excess--big people driving huge cars and living in hangars. It never occurred to me that I've been living all these years cheek-to-jowl in some sort of dark medieval dystopia. At least we don't bring the animals in in the winter. But, yes, to each his own, I suppose.

That's me, just silly. Silly me does find it funny how you read so much into things though. Merely because I don't want to be cramped into small spaces, I am obessed with huge cars and living in a "hangar"? LOL, hyperbole much?

Possibly one has a couple of purpose built rooms, i.e. exercise, bar/parlour, wine cellar and a big walk in closet, plus like to have family visit so has a couple of designated guest rooms, and this helps push the house to the 5k sq feet realm?

Originally Posted by pejsek
And mafoofan, please have the courage of your convictions. No need to apologize for 1000sf in NYC (especially if it's quality space). Don't be a dilettante either or feel the need to back up your position with protestations of suburban cred. You don't need to move out of the city when you have kids. Have you watched Mr. Blandings?

Well, that plea was well accepted.

Originally Posted by mafoofan
I was just being honest. My wife and I would like to have a backyard one day and don't plan on staying in the city forever. Still, we're very happy with our current apartment and have nothing to complain about.

Again, each to his own I say, and I say it whole heartedly, not with an "I suppose."

Foof, to the topic. You can't see it? Top row, third panel. It looks great though, this is a minor imperfection that only some of us are picking up. Don't worry about it.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
We have a touch over 1,000 sq. feet.

It's all about ratios, right? With your stature that's like 3,000 sq. feet.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
It's all about ratios, right? With your stature that's like 3,000 sq. feet.

I was thinking the exact same thing. He could double the whole apartment by adding a floor between the original floor and ceiling. Like in Being John Malkovich.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JacobJacob
I don't think you should stuff it up in the corner though. Sofas like this need as much air around them as possible.

You're right, but we don't have the space for that.

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Foof, to the topic. You can't see it? Top row, third panel. It looks great though, this is a minor imperfection that only some of us are picking up. Don't worry about it.

No, I can't see it. Would you mind describing in more detail? That panel looks exactly like the others to me.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
No, I can't see it. Would you mind describing in more detail? That panel looks exactly like the others to me.

Seriously dood, forget about it. Just because several of us see it and you don't, doesn't mean it's an issue. I'm sorry I brought it up now.

Flieger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Foof they are in ur head playin with ur ocd.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flieger
Foof they are in ur head playin with ur ocd.

That's why I wish I had not mentioned it. I've figured out, in this thread, Foof might have a little OCD and feel bad for triggering it.

Seriously Mafoo, only some of us are seeing it. Forget about and enjoy that 8k sofa!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice sofa. I agree that it's one of the best sofas ever designed. As for the fabric pull, I think it's that the vertical rows are leaning over in the third and fourth panels of the top row.

--Andre

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
Nice sofa. I agree that it's one of the best sofas ever designed. As for the fabric pull, I think it's that the vertical rows are leaning over in the third and fourth panels of the top row.

--Andre

That is exactly what I am seeing. Something is up with the third panel, and it impinges on the fourth, correct?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y

--Andre

Originally Posted by Piobaire
That is exactly what I am seeing. Something is up with the third panel, and it impinges on the fourth, correct?

I can see some slant, but there's a bit of that in many of the panels. The fact that the tufts are quite mounded can make the effect more pronounced from certain angles.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics