• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thurston
I thought he was married, so I googled and found the post below. Yikes! Maybe we should invite her to post here.

Not sure it's authentic but yeah, he was married and probably had an affair. Not my business really, relationships crash all the time. Mrs DorÃ
00a9.png
wearing heels is much taller than him though, which could be funny or cute depending on your personal taste. But the dude is way shorter than me so maybe 5'4" or so.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
This post of his was the clincher. What kind of loser picks on some random girl like this? He crosses the line of general interest in fashion to shallow obsession. The First (and Hopefully Only) Sartorialist Make-Over
Phoenixweb.jpg
So I'm walking in the East Village last week and stopped into a magazine store for some gum. While I'm in there a young woman walks in and down an aisle, I barely saw what she was wearing but I was curious. I guess she saw me looking because she said hi and that she was a fan of the site. We spoke for a few minutes and while we were talking I kept trying to figure out how i could take a picture of her without getting those boots in the shot! Anyway, I asked if I could take a shot of her but after a few tries I realized this would never go on The Sartorialist. Those boots never make a girls legs look good, they always hit at the widest part of the leg which makes your leg look shapeless. I don't think I have ever shot a young lady for this site wearing that type of boot, or cowboy boots. The hair is way too long and seems a bit old-fashioned for her and I don't get the tights/hose. At least the dress is savable but that neckline combined with her hair does nothing for her long neck. For all the people that say "she is so cute she would look good in a potato sack" well, here is the proof that even the cutest need to make good stylistic choices. That's when I realized she needs a Sartorialist make-over. We are not going to make some huge transformation, she doesn't need it, but we can make a few changes that will really make a big impact on her personal presentation. The first thing we are going to do is get her hair cut. I'm no hair guru but I think we should go short. What do you think? We are going to try and do the cut on Wednesday so we need your feed back. Her name is Phoenix and she is an illustration student. I think it would be great to get all that hair out of her face while she is drawing. Since she is a student I thought we would also go to Gap or J. Crew for some reasonably-priced, easy Spring/Summer pieces that will fit into her lifestyle. I have no idea how this will go but it could be a fun little project.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I like looking at the Sartorialist, but this fellow has douche written all over him.

probably a case of too much, too soon.

Butterfly

Reaction score
The First (and Hopefully Only) Sartorialist Make-Over

Phoenixweb.jpg

So I'm walking in the East Village last week and stopped into a magazine store for some gum.

While I'm in there a young woman walks in and down an aisle, I barely saw what she was wearing but I was curious.
I guess she saw me looking because she said hi and that she was a fan of the site.

We spoke for a few minutes and while we were talking I kept trying to figure out how i could take a picture of her without getting those boots in the shot!

Anyway, I asked if I could take a shot of her but after a few tries I realized this would never go on The Sartorialist.

Those boots never make a girls legs look good, they always hit at the widest part of the leg which makes your leg look shapeless. I don't think I have ever shot a young lady for this site wearing that type of boot, or cowboy boots.

The hair is way too long and seems a bit old-fashioned for her and I don't get the tights/hose.

At least the dress is savable but that neckline combined with her hair does nothing for her long neck.

For all the people that say "she is so cute she would look good in a potato sack" well, here is the proof that even the cutest need to make good stylistic choices.

That's when I realized she needs a Sartorialist make-over. We are not going to make some huge transformation, she doesn't need it, but we can make a few changes that will really make a big impact on her personal presentation.

The first thing we are going to do is get her hair cut.

I'm no hair guru but I think we should go short.

What do you think?
We are going to try and do the cut on Wednesday so we need your feed back.

Her name is Phoenix and she is an illustration student. I think it would be great to get all that hair out of her face while she is drawing.

Since she is a student I thought we would also go to Gap or J. Crew for some reasonably-priced, easy Spring/Summer pieces that will fit into her lifestyle.

I have no idea how this will go but it could be a fun little project.
Nah, I'd do her

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The concept behind the Sartorialist is to take pictures of interesting people...
Interesting people come in different shape or form and it is also a very personal concept ..
I , personally , do not see the point of the Sartorialist on the long term..

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
creepy looking dude

He does look a lot like Mr. Potato Head.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
This post of his was the clincher. What kind of loser picks on some random girl like this? He crosses the line of general interest in fashion to shallow obsession.

Whenever he writes to his blog he comes across like a moronic teenage girl. He should stick to taking photos.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

6079sundaybike1Web.jpg

Wish he'd have her move that damn book and spice things up a bit.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this works really well on him. Interesting buttons on the jacket too. Any thoughts?

ex61709bluwhtsuit75web1.jpg

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by musicguy
I think this works really well on him. Interesting buttons on the jacket too. Any thoughts?

White/cream suit with blue shirt and black tie=works. Very classic combination, not very imaginative, but safe (if you can consider white suit to be safe). Although I hate the french cuffs...

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgreco
I've really been enjoying the Sartorialist's recent Governor's Island series, namely these two:

6069DanceRayWeb.jpg

This guy's shoes are awesome! Where to kop?!?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
6079sundaybike1Web.jpg

http://www.thesartorialist.com/photo...aybike1Web.jpg

What is with the love for this pic? This is a plain-looking skinny broad wearing ugly and unflattering clothes in a stupid insect-like pose. I am willing to love (and by love I mean penetrate and cherish, for a few hours anyways) a wide variety of god's female creatures, I cannot get on board with this one.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
What is with the love for this pic? This is a plain-looking skinny broad wearing ugly and unflattering clothes in a stupid insect-like pose. I am willing to love (and by love I mean penetrate and cherish, for a few hours anyways) a wide variety of god's female creatures, I cannot get on board with this one.

+10000000000

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads