• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crate vs. Farinelli: The Official Jeans Thread

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
get smart is right, but there are some exceptions, ie: rag & bone jeans do not stretch in the waist (they have a lined waist) and some japanese brands stretch very little

Agreements trumped with exceptions are the loopholes that create stupidity.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seriously, why are so many people treating the purchase of these jeans like some sort of expansive analytical paper? You've got the measurements, the likely amount of stretching that will occur, and countless posts about these issues from the guy who created the jeans. Even the kids from Dawson's Creek would think some of you folks are over-analyzing this sizing thing.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Agreements trumped with exceptions are the loopholes that create stupidity.

this is styleforum, if we bought a 500x500 banner ad that said 'do not paypal for these jeans' we'd still be sorting through dozens of paypals an hour later....

I can only do so much

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
this is styleforum, if we bought a 500x500 banner ad that said 'do not paypal for these jeans' we'd still be sorting through dozens of paypals an hour later....

I can only do so much

I can't imagine what ya'll had to deal with. I'm eternally happy you made it easy enough for my GF to snag a pair.

It's all the more reason to deal in absolutes. Otherwise you have seemingly normal members like aqhong perpetuating marsupialation.

Let's paraphrase a god and make whodini happy:

We deal in absolutes friend.

Mazda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flesy
Well ****, I think I bought the wrong size.

Best troll post ever.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Put em up on B&S dude, they won't last long.

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I said I was done (uh oh...), but since I have apparently been "perpetuating marsupialation," maybe I should size my jeans the way Get Smart does?
Originally Posted by Get Smart
my actual spot where the jean waist sits is about 33" around.
Originally Posted by Get Smart
30 CvsF fit me the best.
Since the spot where my jeans sit measures 30" around, this means I should get a size 27 in CvsF, right? (Feel free to ignore my post if I'm perpetuating marsupialation again.)

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i dont understand all this ...

i think the launch could have been handled better ... for example, people asked a million times when will they get released (including me) and i asked and assumed that since they would be received on friday, and mauro was allowing people to try them on and they were taking pictures, that they would be on sale that day but whodini immediately railed on me and said that no one ever said they were going on sale that day. then he proceeded to tell everyone to chill out and not get so worried becuase there would be plenty of time for people to digest pics, measurements, etc before they went on sale ... and then they went on sale that day like 2 hours later.

but regardless it went pretty well considering its their first collab and that there were only 108 of them.

the thing i dont understand for everyone else on sizing, is Self Edge has done a lot of collabs and Context did that one shirt with apolis, and nothing has gotten this many threads about the same stupid questions. why are people not understanding their sizing? forget what everyone says and size according to the measurements, pure and simple. size down one for skinny, or do the recommended true to size. whats the problem?

none of self edge's jeans had this much trouble ...

flesy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mazda
Best troll post ever.

I ******* wish. Farinellis people, sorry i'm ******* the stock count up. I just ordered a pair in the right size and sent an e-mail to the return e-mail address to cancel the old order

frown.gif

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of things that come to mind to make future launches smoother.

One, the first post of the thread should contain as much up to date information as possible. Where are those measurements again? Page 14? Or wait, page 7 with a different post per page setting. The measurements should be edited into post #1 when they are available. Is the discount code in the 1st post? Is the website? The general sizing advice? Fit photos?

Two, jeans should not be sold on the same day the measurements are released. Give people 24hrs to go remeasure their ****.

Three, fit photos are only as good as the numbers provided with them. That is height, weight, waist, shoe size, and example sizes of other popular denims. When these show up in the mail, if the general consensus is that they size out just like Slim Jims, that information alone is more valuable than a dozen fit pics.

Buying jeans is a *************. Bump up the professionalism of the thread production and future releases will go smoother with a greater number of hassle free purchases.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
yea this is our first collab, so it's a learning experience. there was a pretty high demand for the jeans and they'd already been delayed already, so we didn't really want to postpone it even longer. hopefully in the future things will go a little smoother!

JSTF

Reaction score
db_ggmm - agreed on all points. mauro/teger/fosho/anyone else who works in farinellis - what future collabs are you considering? and while we're on the point of a collab, does that mean that it'll always be limited?

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
the limitations on the collab definitely depend on the details. the reason this jean is limited is simply because there was only a small amount of fabric available, and it's not being made again. if you remember the SFx5EP jean, the demand was so high they did a second run. seeing the response here, I'm sure we would do that if we could, but due to the rarity of the denim itself, we can't

there is a lot of awesome stuff in the works too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads