• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Today (Wednesday) apparently was National Running Day. I didn't know it, but ran 3 miles, anyway. Not quite a breakthrough, but getting back to where I need to be.

One of the 5ks I hope to run this month also has a free kids race (I'm not sure how long it is). So I put my 9 year old and 6 year old daughters into training. Today we ran a half mile together. My 3 year old, not to be left out, also did a couple of laps around the cul-de-sac with us.

TowleY

Reaction score
70 laps

In a pool
smile.gif

justinpba

Reaction score
Ran my first 10k yesterday. Damn I need to quit smoking...

syracuse1976

Reaction score
Consistency is most important if one wants improved race results. Volume is important, to a point, but needs to be approached slowly.

8bpc

Reaction score
1.x ... just started running. I used to run indoors on the treadmill. I need to get my whole body in sync, if that makes sense. I find that once something like my breathing gets out of a calm pattern I hit the wall. Does that make sense to you runners? Advice?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
1.x ... just started running. I used to run indoors on the treadmill. I need to get my whole body in sync, if that makes sense. I find that once something like my breathing gets out of a calm pattern I hit the wall. Does that make sense to you runners? Advice?

Just pace yourself until your lungs can handle it...starting out is always hard because the temptation is to do too much...you really have to build it slowly, or risk A) injury or B) motivation...its easy to give up.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
About 200 yards today-----the Coffee kicked in a little early!
peepwall[1].gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
6k today, knee has been bothering me for a week or so, not so much that I would stop running, but enough to go to the ortho and have them take a look.. first time I have ever had knee trouble, so maybe I should consider myself lucky..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads